5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Bed Divider with factory TriFold Tonneau Cover

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this? I wanted to get a bed divider and haven't seen a better looking option. Mine looked like it should have come with it but when I got home I discovered it didn't have it. The dealer told me that it's because it's only for Rambox equipped vehicles, but I can see that there's a completely different one for the Rambox. The regular one is made by Roll 'n Lock. Roll 'n Lock said the one that is made for Mopar should fit with a tonneau cover just fine. Any input? I'm also probably going to swap out the factory trifold tonneau for a better one in the spring. I keep looking at the BAKflip Revolver X2, but am open to other trifolds also. Any input on that?

Kmcguinn

Reaction score
Just purchased/installed the mopar bed divider. Took about 30m to assemble/install. A bit pricey at $270 but really a great part - love it.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Just purchased/installed the mopar bed divider. Took about 30m to assemble/install. A bit pricey at $270 but really a great part - love it.

Is there any reason it won't fit with the factory tonneau? The sales manager is insistent it won't, only because he doesn't want to give me one. I've had a couple of relatively minor issues with my demo truck since picking it up on Saturday and want something for my trouble. I think the bed divider + slush mats will be fair compensation.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased and installed the Mopar tie down rails and the bed divider. I installed an after market hard cover (Undercover brand) that is very similar, if not identical to the Mopar cover(probably made by Undercover for Mopar). The tie down rails and divider work perfectly fine. (I really like have the divider, by the way). Sounds like your sales person is blowing smoke!

ders0

Reaction score
I purchased and installed the Mopar tie down rails and the bed divider. I installed an after market hard cover (Undercover brand) that is very similar, if not identical to the Mopar cover(probably made by Undercover for Mopar). The tie down rails and divider work perfectly fine. (I really like have the divider, by the way). Sounds like your sales person is blowing smoke!

How was this install? I assume you need to drill into the bed? I try to avoid that, but I like these rails and the mopar divider? Did you use touch up paint or something on the holes in the bed to prevent rust down the road?

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is the 2019 Limited version. No drilling was required using the Mopar tie down rails and divider and its rails. You install the tie down rails to the bed, then the divider has two rails that clamp to the tie down rails. The bed has pre-drilled holes to accept the tie down rails.

ders0

Reaction score
Ahh I did
My truck is the 2019 Limited version. No drilling was required using the Mopar tie down rails and divider and its rails. You install the tie down rails to the bed, then the divider has two rails that clamp to the tie down rails. The bed has pre-drilled holes to accept the tie down rails.

Ahh I didn’t realize they were pre-drilled. That’s awesome. No need for the BUG after all.

LadyRam19

Reaction score

My limited came with rails.
I thought the dealer was screwing with me in telling me the divider didn't come with.
So I thought I was ordering only the divider but included rails.

Are these different rails than what came with the truck? It sounds like there are 2 different rails.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My limited came with rails.
I thought the dealer was screwing with me in telling me the divider didn't come with.
So I thought I was ordering only the divider but included rails.

Are these different rails than what came with the truck? It sounds like there are 2 different rails.

There are two sets of rails. When you say your Limited came with rails, I assume you are talking about the "tie down" rails. I had to purchase those when I purchased my Limited. I then purchase the divider kit, which includes the "divider" and two rails that the divider slides along. The "divider rails" lay on top of the "tie down" rails and are attached to it.

Here is a link to the divider https://store.mopar.com/accessories...ories-storage/cargo_bed_divider_82215481.html

LadyRam19

Reaction score
There are two sets of rails. When you say your Limited came with rails, I assume you are talking about the "tie down" rails. I had to purchase those when I purchased my Limited. I then purchase the divider kit, which includes the "divider" and two rails that the divider slides along. The "divider rails" lay on top of the "tie down" rails and are attached to it.

Here is a link to the divider https://store.mopar.com/accessories...ories-storage/cargo_bed_divider_82215481.html

Thanks for that info......I was almost going to return the divider I bought.
Will check that out later tonight or tomorrow

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Just to report back....I got my bed divider yesterday. Took the soft trifold tonneau off and spent about 30 minutes installing the bed divider. Went in easy and it's a nice accessory. Went to put the tonneau back on and it is difficult to reinstall and open / close with the divider as the rails do interfere with the hooks on the tonneau. I'll probably keep it and get a better tonneau, as the relatively low-cost trifold doesn't look that nice and is difficult to use. Now I have to decide on a Bakflip Revolver X2 or something else....

Users who are viewing this thread