5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Accessories from The Factory Question

hking

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker but finally making a post. Been looking at the 5th gens for a while now and just trying to save up a little more to order one. Onto my question.

I really like the way the black appearance package looks on these new Rams. I specifically love the badging and the black wheels from the Big Horn, but my issue is that I’m more interested in a Laramie versus a Big Horn and the black apperance Laramie is just a bit outside where I’m looking to be MSRP wise. I do love the way the Laramie sport apperance looks, and am okay with giving up the black paint (summers are really hot where I live), but REALLY want the black badges and black rims. Now I know I can order all the badging and change it myself, but knowing me I would screw it up big time.

I read in an article today that all of the black badging is offered as a Mopar accessory and that all Mopar accessories can be installed before delivery next door to the plant. So if I’m reading into this correctly, I can order the wheels/badges with my truck and get it delivered like that? Hoping someone can clear this up for me.

Would be a lot easier if Ram just offered the Sport in the US. Lucky Canada!

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Its not that hard on the badging, skip the rims and get aftermarket, I got a deal on mine so snow tires on fact rims black rims with some AT tires.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never heard of Mopar accessories being ordered, then installed at the plant before delivery. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. I know there are certain accessories that you can order with the truck that are installed at the factory (bed covers, etc.), but those accessories can be configured when you Build & Price the truck. I believe how it would work is your dealer would order the truck as normal, then would also order whichever accessories/parts you wanted (wheels, badges, etc.). Then once the truck is delivered to your dealership, the dealership would install those accessories/parts before you take delivery of the truck.

If my thought process is correct, it might just be cheaper for you to go the Laramie Sport route, rather then having the dealer order all those parts and installing them. The wheels alone will probably be a couple grand. Then you have labor costs as well. Unless you work out the price beforehand and have a handshake on cost of the truck with the accessories/parts installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/