5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR 4in Lift with Bilsteins

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes we DT people are caught in “ lift “ limbo as far as having anything larger the 2” from Mopar. Although several dealers I’ve spoken with have put bigger lifts on, they are from other manufacturers and will not cover it warranty wise sadly.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't understand. Quite a few members have successfully installed DS lift kits on their DT trucks. There is negligible amount of difference between the two. My level kit was listed 4th Gen, as were my UCA's. No body mentioned anything when I went in for an alignment at the dealer, just complimentary comments on how the truck looked.

I know everyone is worried about warranty, but if you do that kit yourself, the dealer won't have a clue you used a DS lift kit.

Food for thought.

SColang22

Reaction score
I don't understand. Quite a few members have successfully installed DS lift kits on their DT trucks. There is negligible amount of difference between the two. My level kit was listed 4th Gen, as were my UCA's. No body mentioned anything when I went in for an alignment at the dealer, just complimentary comments on how the truck looked.

I know everyone is worried about warranty, but if you do that kit yourself, the dealer won't have a clue you used a DS lift kit.

Food for thought.
For smaller lifts like that where you don’t need to cut cross members that may be true but I looks like this kit has new cross members

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Food for thought.
Level kits are one thing as the strut assembly hasn't changed. Not saying you couldn't install a full 4th gen lift kit on a 5th gen, but there are likely to be some nuances and some modifications involved. If the entire setup was the same, we would have had full lift options available much sooner as the manufacturers would have been missing out on easy money.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Level kits are one thing as the strut assembly hasn't changed. Not saying you couldn't install a full 4th gen lift kit on a 5th gen, but there are likely to be some nuances and some modifications involved. If the entire setup was the same, we would have had full lift options available much sooner as the manufacturers would have been missing out on easy money.

I'm still confused. There's always going to be slight adjustments and nuances for any kit, regardless. Look up @jamesfg install on his Rebel. 4th Gen kit, perfect install.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still confused. There's always going to be slight adjustments and nuances for any kit, regardless. Look up @jamesfg install on his Rebel. 4th Gen kit, perfect install.
James didn’t use a 4th gen kit. That is the 5th gen Rough Country kit that he used. The issues he dealt with were that they claimed it would not work with the Rebels due to the inch higher they sit from the factory.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
James didn’t use a 4th gen kit. That is the 5th gen Rough Country kit that he used. The issues he dealt with were that they claimed it would not work with the Rebels due to the inch higher they sit from the factory.
Dang, sorry about that. Thought it was a 4th Gen because they hadn't officially done the 5th Gen when he wanted to order. And yes, I remember the Rebel struts were more the issue.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, sorry about that. Thought it was a 4th Gen because they hadn't officially done the 5th Gen when he wanted to order. And yes, I remember the Rebel struts were more the issue.
No worries. There’s been so many conversations on this forum it’s hard to remember each one. There was a post a while back about somebody getting a 4th gen kit true 4” lift installed and the installer saying the difference was minimal so he was going to go for it. However, I can’t remember if it was this forum or another one, and the poster never followed up saying it had been done. Most of the parts I’m sure would be no problem. I think the issue would come in with the spindles/drop brackets. We know the upper UCAs and strut/spring assembly are essentially the same so I’m sure other components are as well.

Users who are viewing this thread