5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2inch lift

Jerm926

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it anywhere. I was wondering if you could install the mopar lift without the rear spacers to end up with a more leveled look.

Lateralus

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it anywhere. I was wondering if you could install the mopar lift without the rear spacers to end up with a more leveled look.
Yes, but I think the nose will be a bit higher than the rear. I'll measure mine after I get the front on, and before I do the rear. I'll post pics too.

I am leaving the rake on my truck, because I use it as a truck and there is nothing worse than a truck dragging it's butt when pulling a trailer ;)

Jerm926

Reaction score
Yes, but I think the nose will be a bit higher than the rear. I'll measure mine after I get the front on, and before I do the rear. I'll post pics too.

I am leaving the rake on my truck, because I use it as a truck and there is nothing worse than a truck dragging it's butt when pulling a trailer ;)

Thanks for the quick reply. I had been reading about others installing leveling kits and I was thinking about this being another option vs a spacer or preload assembly.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I had been reading about others installing leveling kits and I was thinking about this being another option vs a spacer or preload assembly.
It should not be nose high. It should be slightly nose down or level depending on the truck. It only provides a 2" lift. You can certainly go this route, even install the rear shocks and just leave the spring spacer and the rest of the components out of the rear.

subaru79

Reaction score
I have the lift installed without the rear spacers on 2wd crew 6.5' bed and there is still nose down rake of 1-1.5". i have 20x9" 0-offset wheels with 285/60/20 cooper AT3 XLT no rub

Lateralus

Reaction score
On my truck it is nose high by 1/8" with just the front lift installed. 39" to fender up front, 38-7/8" to fender in rear.
I couldn't get a good picture today because I left the truck key at the house. Here's the best that I could do.

I'll be putting the rear on tomorrow.

_Front Only.JPG

_Front Only Lvl.JPG

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my truck it is nose high by 1/8" with just the front lift installed. 39" to fender up front, 38-7/8" to fender in rear.
I couldn't get a good picture today because I left the truck key at the house. Here's the best that I could do.

View attachment 10762

View attachment 10763
I would say that is a rarity. Most trucks are taking 2.5" to level them out. Some a little more, some obviously a little less. All depends on the truck and how it is optioned.

subaru79

Reaction score

View attachment 10762

View attachment 10763
I wonder if you put the Spring Seats on Upside Down on New Shocks... looks like you put 3" spacer on, wish mine was that Tall in front.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends where you measure for level. Just because the fender heights are the same doesn't mean it won't look nose high. The body work has a lot to do with hit and the fenders are not exactly the same front and back.

UniHorn

Reaction score
Would it be possible to make the 2” mopar lift more like using the ready lift or Rancho 3.5” lifts by combining parts? Say adding a spacer to the mopar kit? Or using the fox shocks from the mopar kit with the readylift or rancho 3.5” lift??

Ram1992

Reaction score
Would it be possible to make the 2” mopar lift more like using the ready lift or Rancho 3.5” lifts by combining parts? Say adding a spacer to the mopar kit? Or using the fox shocks from the mopar kit with the readylift or rancho 3.5” lift??

I've talked with my local offroad shop doing the install and they are researching it. Its sounds like it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread