5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" lift w/fox shocks or bilstein 6112 w/ rear 5160

kilogRAM

Reaction score
After searching I need a little more clarification.
Just picked up a 2020 ram laramie 4x4. The ride quality is amazing compared to my last truck so I'd like to keep that.
I want to lift or level about 2" to fit some 33s + on 20" rims .
Is there a benefit to picking either one of these other than the bilstein seem to be $500 less.
Thanks

Last edited:

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
year 202 ram, wow you must have alot of miles. lol
i have the 6112 strut and spring assembly (#7 circlip thats 2.2" level) front and 5100 in the rear (1200$ for the kit on Shock Surplus) on toyo at3 35x11.5r20 on stock rims and i absolutely love it plus the ride quality is great. To me IMO it was better than the factory ride. Ive heard alot that its "stiff" however personally didnt feel that way. i was able to eat bumps, holes, crack, etc. alot smooth and easier than stock. id say definitely go for it. i absolutely love it.

kilogRAM

Reaction score
Good miles for the year! Lol
Thanks for the info. I wanted at least 33s so good to hear you can fit 35s with that set up. I read that uca are recommended for 2" and up?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Good miles for the year! Lol
Thanks for the info. I wanted at least 33s so good to hear you can fit 35s with that set up. I read that uca are recommended for 2" and up?
that is correct. 2" or more is highly suggested you get UCAs. i went with Zone UCAs.
33s will fit easily. my 35s dont rub at all even full lock both forward and reverse, left and right.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bilsteins are digressive valved. It takes more energy to get them moving so they are stiffer at low speeds. This is great for towing but not as nice for regular driving. Fox are linear valved. They make for a very nice ride but are somewhat mushy when towing if you are talking the 2.0 which I assume you are. Good luck.

Triton63

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I had the Mopar 2” lift with fox 2.0 shocks on my 2019 big horn ccsb hemi 4x4 with 34’s on stock 20” wheels. Currently I have bilstein 5100‘s @2.1” (2.2?) on my 2022 Laramie ccsb ecodiesel 4x4 with 33’s on 18” fuel wheels. I much preferred the ride with the fox shocks. It was much more comparable to stock than my current setup. The blistein ride more resembled my old silverados, more of a “truck“ feel. The fox’s were a much smoother ride on road. If I could do it again I’d buy the Mopar lift w/ fox’s again. I do a small amount of two tracking and drive in the dunes every once in a while, but my more serious off-roading is done in a wrangler. I do like the blisteins off-road but I liked the fox’s the same on the same trails.

side note I’ve never rode in anything with 6112‘s to know the ride difference from 5100’s

Av1

Reaction score
Bilsteins are digressive valved. It takes more energy to get them moving so they are stiffer at low speeds. This is great for towing but not as nice for regular driving. Fox are linear valved. They make for a very nice ride but are somewhat mushy when towing if you are talking the 2.0 which I assume you are. Good luck.

I like the digressive valving of the Bilsteins.

The OEM shocks also come from the factory with digressive valving, btw.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I had the Mopar 2” lift with fox 2.0 shocks on my 2019 big horn ccsb hemi 4x4 with 34’s on stock 20” wheels. Currently I have bilstein 5100‘s @2.1” (2.2?) on my 2022 Laramie ccsb ecodiesel 4x4 with 33’s on 18” fuel wheels. I much preferred the ride with the fox shocks. It was much more comparable to stock than my current setup. The blistein ride more resembled my old silverados, more of a “truck“ feel. The fox’s were a much smoother ride on road. If I could do it again I’d buy the Mopar lift w/ fox’s again. I do a small amount of two tracking and drive in the dunes every once in a while, but my more serious off-roading is done in a wrangler. I do like the blisteins off-road but I liked the fox’s the same on the same trails.

side note I’ve never rode in anything with 6112‘s to know the ride difference from 5100’s
I have the Mopar lift on my ride and could not be happier with it! Great setup.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the digressive valving of the Bilsteins.

The OEM shocks also come from the factory with digressive valving, btw.
If you have the 4600's that is correct. The 5100's are valved to handle the extra lift and bigger wheels. Which is why they are better than pucks.

kilogRAM

Reaction score
Thank you, appreciate the info

kilogRAM

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback!

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have the Mopar lift and love it. Super smooth and comfortable. Very comparable to the stock feel.

Users who are viewing this thread