5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Lift versus Coilovers

cmatt4775

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to decide if I should wait on the Fox coil-overs or if I should just pull the trigger and get the 2" Mopar lift.

I won't be doing much off-roading but will do some during hunting season so I am looking for functionality and not just the look of removing some of the rake.

I know no coil-overs are out yet but I am trying to decide if they are worth the wait.

All opinions are appreciated as I continue to go back and forth on what to do.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you can get a fabtech coilover kit for about $4500....or you can get a MOPAR 2" lift for about $1100. Unless you are doing serious off-roading, it seems coil overs are overkill. You may find that coil overs are a little more stiff than you like for everyday driving as well. I guess that if you have a lot of extra money laying around and you want to be different; then coil overs are for you. If you want to raise your suspension a little and maintain everyday drivability and handling; then the MOPAR kit is for you.

AZRammer

Reaction score
Deciding between the Mopar 2" level w Fox & the BDS 4" full lift on my new '19 Laramie. i really like the look of the Readylift 3.5" SST kit on 35s, but received a nothing but negative feedback from several reputable lift shops here in Phoenix. apparently the SST's are fine as long as they never see the sight of uneven terrain, that really scares me. but i also like the idea of not having to cut into my new truck for such a mild lift like the BDS, which is why the Mopar is an attractive option.

Any feedback is much appreciated

rob989_69

Reaction score
I assume you mean coilover leveling kits. I'm personally waiting for Bilstein or Rancho to get their heads out their @$$ and give us a product. I think the Mopar lift is extremely overpriced for what it is. Slightly longer front strut, but stock spring and some rear spacers. Yes, it's Fox suspension and I'm sure that will improve the ride quality a bit. But you still have the rake with the Mopar kit too. Which is the main reason for me for doing anything.

I love the look of the 4" and 6" lifts, but I don't want to cut into the truck to have them installed. I tend to not keep my vehicles more than 4 or 5 years so from a resale standpoint I may take a hit if I have a lift. To top that off, I can do a lot with $4k+ that I'd sink in to a decent coilover lift.

ExpGARAM

Reaction score
Deciding between the Mopar 2" level w Fox & the BDS 4" full lift on my new '19 Laramie. i really like the look of the Readylift 3.5" SST kit on 35s, but received a nothing but negative feedback from several reputable lift shops here in Phoenix. apparently the SST's are fine as long as they never see the sight of uneven terrain, that really scares me. but i also like the idea of not having to cut into my new truck for such a mild lift like the BDS, which is why the Mopar is an attractive option.

Any feedback is much appreciated

I am in the exact same boat.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Maxram

Reaction score
$3,038.10 for the front and rear kits for a 2019 RAM 4x4 1500....no thanks. I'm not planning on doing any desert racing in my truck anytime soon.
But if you were hahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread