5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" lift body roll issue

AlbertaRam

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 sport with a Mopar 2' lift. After the install, the rake was too much for my liking, and the dealership suggested removing the spacers from the rear springs and the panhard bar extensions, which we did (done by the dealership). The truck is now level, but the body roll has greatly increased..........to the point where the rear end literally kicks out after hitting a bump, or when passing over the crown on the road (truck physically shifts side to side). My girlfriend has even commented on how much you get thrown side to side in the cab, and she never complains. My question is...........I'm guessing this because the longer fox shocks are now mismatched to the stock spring length (shocks are longer, forcing the spring to sit uncompressed)? Everything is tight and the stock swaybar is positioned correctly. Hellwig rear sway bar is next to be purchased.

Next week's plan is to reinstall the panhard and spring spacers with wulf spacers in the front. Will this and the Hellwig (most likely) correct the extreme roll? Or are there any other possibilities I should be aware of?

Last edited:

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
What's your tire pressure? Excessive rear tire pressure on an empty bed will cause a rough/bouncy ride.

AlbertaRam

Reaction score
What's your tire pressure? Excessive rear tire pressure on an empty bed will cause a rough/bouncy ride.
I thought of that too, but the tire pressure wasn't changed before or after the pieces were removed. its always been 40 psi on all 4 corners, 295/65/20 (35") Toyo Open Country ATIII's on 20" Fuel Blitz rims.

It's not a vertical bounce as in shocks, its more of an extreme side to side motion.

Users who are viewing this thread