5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Lift a no go with a 6' box

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
I took my 2019 1500 Laramie (5th Gen Crew Cab) into my local Ram dealer in CO to have a Mopar 2" lift installed. However, a few hours after I dropped the truck off, the dealer called me to let me know that the lift would not fit my truck because I have the longer bed (6' 4"). Has anyone else had this problem and if so, why won't the lift work on the longer bed since the suspension is the same?

Next, if I can't use the Mopar lift are there any other 2" lifts, not leveling kits (I still want the rake), out there that you would recommend? I am not looking to go very high as my goal is to get the ground clearance back up to what my 2011 Chevy Silverado had, not to necessarily put on larger tires. At this point, the stock 8.5-9" of clearance does not work for me as I have already torn up a set of aftermarket stepup/nerf bars when I bottomed out going over a snow/ice pile left by the plows - I need something in the 10-11" of clearance for home and work.

Thanks in advance for the advice and suggestions!

spinxt

Reaction score
I just installed the lift on on my 5’7” bed. I can’t imagine what difference would not allow the kit to work with the 6’ bed. The suspension setup is exactly the same

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my 2019 1500 Laramie (5th Gen Crew Cab) into my local Ram dealer in CO to have a Mopar 2" lift installed. However, a few hours after I dropped the truck off, the dealer called me to let me know that the lift would not fit my truck because I have the longer bed (6' 4"). Has anyone else had this problem and if so, why won't the lift work on the longer bed since the suspension is the same?

Next, if I can't use the Mopar lift are there any other 2" lifts, not leveling kits (I still want the rake), out there that you would recommend? I am not looking to go very high as my goal is to get the ground clearance back up to what my 2011 Chevy Silverado had, not to necessarily put on larger tires. At this point, the stock 8.5-9" of clearance does not work for me as I have already torn up a set of aftermarket stepup/nerf bars when I bottomed out going over a snow/ice pile left by the plows - I need something in the 10-11" of clearance for home and work.

Absolutely no reason why the kit would not still work. Other people have ran into the same issues with the quad cab and dealers saying it is a no go. The suspension setup is the same across any new model 1500 with the exception of those with air suspension. Rebels/ORP are slightly different but the kits still work. There are too many dealers that don't know enough about these trucks and too much misinformation. The Mopar kit will work. There are also many spacer kits out there that would raise the truck 2" all the way around, and for much cheaper prices. Another alternative is to by some Bilsten 5100s for the front to raise it and get a 2" spacer for the rear coils.

wiendog

Reaction score
I am having my dealer remove my Mopar 2 inch lift tomorrow nothing but problems 2019 1500 Quad cab 6 foot bed.It just keeps triggering my ESC traction braking even after multiple sensors replaced recalibrated they are just giving up on it.I am going to try ready lift or something else.

Pos90

Reaction score
Wiendog, I don't remember which thread it was in off the top of my head, but I remember reading about guys having similar problems and it seemed to be some sort of tire issue. When they took their oversized tires off and put the stock tires back on it somehow fixed it.

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
I am having my dealer remove my Mopar 2 inch lift tomorrow nothing but problems 2019 1500 Quad cab 6 foot bed.It just keeps triggering my ESC traction braking even after multiple sensors replaced recalibrated they are just giving up on it.I am going to try ready lift or something else.
I also got sick and tired of being told by the dealers that it wouldn't work (I contacted three different dealers her in the Denver area), I next week, I have a Ready Lift kit being installed.

spinxt

Reaction score
I also got sick and tired of being told by the dealers that it wouldn't work (I contacted three different dealers her in the Denver area), I next week, I have a Ready Lift kit being installed.
Should have just taken it to a 4wd shop

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
So I got the 3.5" Ready Lift kit put on last week. . The height is exactly what I wanted, but here are a few observations. 1) while this is supposed to be a lift kit, it is more of a leveling kit. My truck originally had 2" of rake. Just by the specs of the lift kit, when installed, the rake will only be 0.5" (more on this later). 2) In my opinion, the ride has roughened up a little. While i no longer have the cooshy OEM ride, it now just drives and feels like all of my past 4X4 trucks - not a bad ride, but I do feel that I did loose some comfort. 3) while I should have ended up with a 0.5" rake, in reality, I didn't and I do not understand why. According to Ready Lift, the 3.5" lift kit raises the front by 3.5" and the rear by 2", thus leaving you with the 0.5" rake. However, after having the truck home now for 4 days and driving it approximately 300 miles here are the final measurements: FL side raised 3.75"; FR side raised 3.25"; RL side raised 1.75"; and RR side raised 1.75". As a result, my truck is no longer level side to side and I now have a negative rake of 0.5" (the rear is lower than the front). Can any one tell me why this happens, especially when the front 3.5" lift is from a spacer. Also, can anyone give me some ideas on how to fix this as I do like a little bit of rake since I do tow a trailer from time to time. Thanks!

spinxt

Reaction score
So I got the 3.5" Ready Lift kit put on last week. . The height is exactly what I wanted, but here are a few observations. 1) while this is supposed to be a lift kit, it is more of a leveling kit. My truck originally had 2" of rake. Just by the specs of the lift kit, when installed, the rake will only be 0.5" (more on this later). 2) In my opinion, the ride has roughened up a little. While i no longer have the cooshy OEM ride, it now just drives and feels like all of my past 4X4 trucks - not a bad ride, but I do feel that I did loose some comfort. 3) while I should have ended up with a 0.5" rake, in reality, I didn't and I do not understand why. According to Ready Lift, the 3.5" lift kit raises the front by 3.5" and the rear by 2", thus leaving you with the 0.5" rake. However, after having the truck home now for 4 days and driving it approximately 300 miles here are the final measurements: FL side raised 3.75"; FR side raised 3.25"; RL side raised 1.75"; and RR side raised 1.75". As a result, my truck is no longer level side to side and I now have a negative rake of 0.5" (the rear is lower than the front). Can any one tell me why this happens, especially when the front 3.5" lift is from a spacer. Also, can anyone give me some ideas on how to fix this as I do like a little bit of rake since I do tow a trailer from time to time. Thanks!
Perhaps it will settle and even out. If it doesn’t, I would be very unhappy with those results. If you have any negative rake unloaded it will be way worse while towing or loaded in the bed.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score

The dealer should be able to explain WHY it doesn't work with the longer bed. There must be a reason they are telling you this.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Have you searched any of the Mopar lift threads for insight as to why it won't work with the longer bed or if there are members who have installed the lift WITH the longer bed?

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
Perhaps it will settle and even out. If it doesn’t, I would be very unhappy with those results. If you have any negative rake unloaded it will be way worse while towing or loaded in the bed.
I took my truck back to the shop that installed the lift and they too were surprised by the numbers. After some talk about all of the problems, we decided to take the pre-load spacer out, leaving the top spacer in. After doing this, the truck is again level side to side (back is level and the front has a difference of 3/16") and my rake is back to the front being 1.25" lower than the rear. And most importantly, the factory ride quality is back, although it wasn't that bad with the pre-load space installed. So in conclusion, by taking out the pre-load spacer, I achieved what the MOPAR 2" lift would have done for about $400 less by getting the ReadLift kit. And the best thing was working with a shop that had great customer service and listened to my issues, fixing all of my complaints with a smile and for free. Thanks RSG Offroad in Lakewood, CO.

spinxt

Reaction score
I took my truck back to the shop that installed the lift and they too were surprised by the numbers. After some talk about all of the problems, we decided to take the pre-load spacer out, leaving the top spacer in. After doing this, the truck is again level side to side (back is level and the front has a difference of 3/16") and my rake is back to the front being 1.25" lower than the rear. And most importantly, the factory ride quality is back, although it wasn't that bad with the pre-load space installed. So in conclusion, by taking out the pre-load spacer, I achieved what the MOPAR 2" lift would have done for about $400 less by getting the ReadLift kit. And the best thing was working with a shop that had great customer service and listened to my issues, fixing all of my complaints with a smile and for free. Thanks RSG Offroad in Lakewood, CO.
I’m not sure what you’re talking about regarding the spacer at the top...are you referring to the back or front.
in the front, there should be two spacers that look like metal rings that go onto the shock and then you should put the lower spring mount on next (that you removed from the stock shock).
im not sure what your issue is, but it doesn’t at all sound like my experience or that of many others on this forum. You either have an installer that doesn’t know what they are doing, or a defective component somewhere in your kit.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you’re talking about regarding the spacer at the top...are you referring to the back or front.
in the front, there should be two spacers that look like metal rings that go onto the shock and then you should put the lower spring mount on next (that you removed from the stock shock).
im not sure what your issue is, but it doesn’t at all sound like my experience or that of many others on this forum. You either have an installer that doesn’t know what they are doing, or a defective component somewhere in your kit.
He has the readylift 3.5

spinxt

Reaction score
He has the readylift 3.5
I’m still waiting to hear WHY the MOPAR won’t work on the long bed. I’ve had every suspension component off my truck and can’t figure out for the life of me why the longer bed would matter....

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I’m still waiting to hear WHY the MOPAR won’t work on the long bed. I’ve had every suspension component off my truck and can’t figure out for the life of me why the longer bed would matter....
I am looking for the same answer. I have contacted Mopar Performance twice. First, last October, and second, today. My first call, the guy told me that it would work for my Laramie Quad Cab with the 6 foot box even though by the VIN# it states it will not work. Then after contacting a dealer to get it installed in 2 weeks, they told me that they can't because it will not fir min VIN# truck. So, I called Mopar Performance an hour ago and a different guy told my that engineering states that the Mopar 2" lift will NOT work on my truck. He also said that after many discussions that Mopar has had, they are losing out on a lot of opportunity for both Quad Cabs, NOT Crew cabs and the 6 foot box, to sell lifts. He thinks that in the next couple of months, Mopar may be releasing another version of the 2" lift kit that will work for those of us with Quad cabs and 6 foot boxes. Makes ABSOLUTELY no sense as to why the current kit, P/N 77072424AB will not work since the suspension is the exact same thing. I'd do it myself, but will still need an alignment AND, if the dealer does it they update the VIN# in the computer and cover it in warranty allegedly.

If anyone has any other information, I'd love to hear it.

Ciege

Reaction score
I just went through thus with my 19 Laramie Crew Cab with the 6 foot box. They said the lift will not work. Current part number is 77072424AD. Sad, I had finally got to a point where I was ready to do the lift. I wanted to go mopar so that there was no possibility of them voiding warranty work because of the lift.

wiendog

Reaction score
don't due it it will not work I went through months of trial and error with that kit on a Quad Cab 6 ft bed.Finally Dealer installed even had the roving tech from FCA they bought it back from me.

Isolationyears

Reaction score
don't due it it will not work I went through months of trial and error with that kit on a Quad Cab 6 ft bed.Finally Dealer installed even had the roving tech from FCA they bought it back from me.
What kind of problems did you have?
Did the truck not work with the lift?

wiendog

Reaction score
ESC issues on every leaning turn.Otherwise it rode great.I have since put Fox 2.5 coilovers in the front and 2.5 shocks with ORP springs and 1 inch spacer in the rear.Much better.

Users who are viewing this thread