5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2 inch lift with orp springs

Prestoman13

Reaction score
So my accessory guy at the dealership who is putting my mopar 2 inch lift on I called about adding orp springs on all 4. He told me they are the same size just stiffer springs. He told me with the lift the strut is causing the lift and the sprint won’t do anything. From what I’ve read that’s not true? He said to order the bilsteins dual coils for rear so it doesn’t squat and will sit level with the cap on. Will the orp front coils give me the inch or which coils should I add?

Prestoman13

Reaction score
from what I read, to get 35x12.5x20 to fit on stock rims I need about 3 inch lift. I am trying to achieve that in the front without a spacer. My truck is a crew cab big horn without the off road package.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
from what I read, to get 35x12.5x20 to fit on stock rims I need about 3 inch lift. I am trying to achieve that in the front without a spacer. My truck is a crew cab big horn without the off road package.
I could be wrong, but based on what I’ve read, I don’t think that setup will work. A 3” lift requires new UCAs, and aftermarket UCAs (and maybe even OEM) will rub a 12.5” wide tire on stock wheels.

My understanding is you’ll need either narrower tires, wheels with less positive offset, or wheel spacers.

I’ve got 305/60R18 (12” wide) tires, +1m offset wheels, and I’ve got maybe half an inch clearance from the inner tire sidewalls to the stock UCAs. 12.5” on +19 stock wheels would put you 1” closer to the UCAs. I think you’d rub, but double check.

Prestoman13

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but based on what I’ve read, I don’t think that setup will work. A 3” lift requires new UCAs, and aftermarket UCAs (and maybe even OEM) will rub a 12.5” wide tire on stock wheels.

My understanding is you’ll need either narrower tires, wheels with less positive offset, or wheel spacers.

I’ve got 305/60R18 (12” wide) tires, +1m offset wheels, and I’ve got maybe half an inch clearance from the inner tire sidewalls to the stock UCAs. 12.5” on +19 stock wheels would put you 1” closer to the UCAs. I think you’d rub, but double check.
The mopar lift comes with new mopar uca. Is that no sufficient?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The mopar lift comes with new mopar uca. Is that no sufficient?
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were looking at a different kit to get an additional 1” beyond the Mopar kit.

I think there still might be an issue with stock wheels and 12.5” wide tires, but this is based on the reading I’ve done versus first hand experience.

Users who are viewing this thread