5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2 inch lift crazy install quotes

Lungs414

Reaction score
2 dealers had what I think are crazy install quotes. A local truck center can do it for half. Exactly what are warranty concerns. Entire warranty for vehicle or just suspension. Trying to figure out what to do. Neither dealer would allow me to supply parts. That adds 350 plus to price also. They say it is calculated on a 6-7 hour install.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

ddssanchez

Reaction score
I don't know what you were quoted but this morning I was at a ram dealership in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and the Mopar 2-inch leveling kit installed was 2359.00. this price includes an alignment

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
2 dealers had what I think are crazy install quotes. A local truck center can do it for half. Exactly what are warranty concerns. Entire warranty for vehicle or just suspension. Trying to figure out what to do. Neither dealer would allow me to supply parts. That adds 350 plus to price also. They say it is calculated on a 6-7 hour install.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
All Mopar parts are under warranty plus the labor to repair/replace parts when performed by dealer...with a non dealer install, labor isn't under warranty. ie. If a Fox shock leaks, you would get the part replaced but you would have to pay your outside installer to install it.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I was in the 2800 price area. Seemed to be the high end of the pricing based on some posts. I don't know how some guys got labor for 5-6-700. I guess I shouldn't be surprised NY is on higher end. Meantime the dealers both said they are really slow right now.
Thanks for responses.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Also as far as warranty. Do I void my warranty on the entire vehicle or just the lift parts if something fails ? Say the transmission or rear end fails. Will that still be covered?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OP as a previous owner of a Mopar lift I found a couple of things. One definitely depended on the dealership as far as their rates. Between the two I researched there was a $600 price difference. Two they would fully warranty the Mopar lift / components warranty if you had it done via them. Third if you went third party as stated they will cover the part, but the cost of removal/ install falls on you.

so with all,of that being the case I had mine done with labor and alignment for $2K. That was almost two years ago when no one had it installed in theirs. Post where you are as that will go a long way towards maybe folks suggesting their go to dealership for you. Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing you up there.

DeDax

Reaction score
I was recently quoted $3500 for the Mopar 2" lift w/ Fox shocks, the ORP 1" springs & 285/60/20 Tires. For tires I was going back and forth between Falken Wildpeak and Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain, to be mounted on my stock 20" Laramie wheels. Quote include Alignment as well. Initially I thought it seemed high, but when breaking it down and hearing other folks on the forum and their pricing, seems fair to competitive for what I was getting. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but def. considering it.

Lungs414

Reaction score
OP as a previous owner of a Mopar lift I found a couple of things. One definitely depended on the dealership as far as their rates. Between the two I researched there was a $600 price difference. Two they would fully warranty the Mopar lift / components warranty if you had it done via them. Third if you went third party as stated they will cover the part, but the cost of removal/ install falls on you.

so with all,of that being the case I had mine done with labor and alignment for $2K. That was almost two years ago when no one had it installed in theirs. Post where you are as that will go a long way towards maybe folks suggesting their go to dealership for you. Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing you up there.
Thanks for the reply. I live in Brooklyn, but also have a place on Eastern Long Island, Riverhead area. That being said I grew up in Staten Island and my brother is there so I can there as well.
Im still wrestling with the idea of putting Ridge Grapplers on my stock 22", My truck is white with the black out. I really like the rims just not 100% sure what to do. I would like a slightly wider tire.

Thanks for your response

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sheeeesh, you guys, those numbers seriously hurt my face.

I did the entire install of my Bilstein 5100 front and rear in 4hrs in my garage with no power tools and a crappy set of spring compressors from AutoZone. That total lift cost me $400 + alignment cost.

I don’t say that to toot my own horn, I know the Mopar setup is around $1k on eBay. But if you’re being quoted more than 4hrs for this install, you’re being overcharged on labor. I’d say 1.5hrs of my time was just compressing and decompressing springs, which is 5-10mins of work with a hydraulic press that I know these shops have available.

I’ll do it for anyone in the KC area for $800+ parts, but I don’t warranty my work

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/