5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Height question

Lawdog

Reaction score
So. I got my new truck arrived no so far I love it. I am a little disappointed about the Mopar Lift. The Dealer owner even stated that he thought the truck looked really raked with the lift in still. I just Measored it at home and discovered I am 37.5" from the ground to the front wheel well and 41" at the rear. 3-1/2" difference seems extreme or am I just clueless on how much rake these have?

Does anyone have their before and after measurements???? Thanks in advance

The truck as a Laramie NON Off Road Group Crew with a 6'-4" bed. 4x4. Passenger step bar removed for replacement as transport company damaged it.......

IMG_6038.JPG IMG_6041.JPG IMG_6036.JPG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with the lift issue, but I do want to say "congratulations on the new truck," Yours is the first Crew Cab with 6.4" bed I have seen. If they would have been available for order, I might have been tempted, although I seldom have passengers in the back--just "stuff."

Lawdog

Reaction score
Thanks. The Mega Limited in the background (2017) was my trade in. Loved it but needed better mileage and lower payment. Lol

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the trucks have the natural rake and if you lift all 4 corners with the Mopar 2" lift you end up with almost an extra inch in the back, to offset towing at the higher ride height.

You would have to change out the front spacer and replace it with a true 2.5" strut cap to achieve less rake. But unless you want bigger wheels and tires, I think it looks fine.

Eye of the beholder, if you're not feeling it, change it!

Lawdog

Reaction score
So the trucks have the natural rake and if you lift all 4 corners with the Mopar 2" lift you end up with almost an extra inch in the back, to offset towing at the higher ride height.

You would have to change out the front spacer and replace it with a true 2.5" strut cap to achieve less rake. But unless you want bigger wheels and tires, I think it looks fine.

Eye of the beholder, if you're not feeling it, change it!

Strange how 2" front and rear gives you extra in the rear...... and yes. Plan is for 35's. Truck was ordered special with 3.92 gears

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I put a 2” lift on my front and now have a 1” rake. IMO, perfect for the boat I tow. FWIW, I’ve gone past the Chevy dealership up the road and seen at least a 4” or more rake. This is what we get when manufacturers are trying to win the towing race.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Strange how 2" front and rear gives you extra in the rear...... and yes. Plan is for 35's. Truck was ordered special with 3.92 gears
Measure your front spacer... 1 and 5/8" max, not a true 2" lift from Mopar. I'm sure they do that to prevent ball joint failure.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Measure your front spacer... 1 and 5/8" max, not a true 2" lift from Mopar. I'm sure they do that to prevent ball joint failure.
If it is the Mopar lift, there will not be a spacer in the front. The lift is achieved with longer struts in the front, and only uses a spacer for the rear.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
add a spacer in the front just dont go over 3.5 inches total lift inc. mopar.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. The Mega Limited in the background (2017) was my trade in. Loved it but needed better mileage and lower payment. Lol
what did you have for lift and wheels/tires on you mega cab ?

Lawdog

Reaction score
what did you have for lift and wheels/tires on you mega cab ?

Stock Height. Had a Daystar level in the front with the lower shock extension brackets but took out to trade as the tires rubbed on left turn. Stock Limited 20" wheels. Michelin Defender 295/65R20 tires. 6.4 Hemi with 4.10 gears

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it is the Mopar lift, there will not be a spacer in the front. The lift is achieved with longer struts in the front, and only uses a spacer for the rear.
Correct... I was thinking of a different kit. Apologies for any confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online