5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moonroof squeaking. What to use?

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
What’s best to use for my moonroof that squeaks at times when I open it up? Thought about trying WD-40, but is there anything else you all recommend?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't use WD-40. I need to lube mine as it chatters when closing,.so following.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had good luck with graphite, applying it can be tricky depending on wet or dry formula

RJS

Reaction score
What's wrong with the dealer if it's under warranty. Very little good comes from adding lubricant where it's not needed as it can collect dust and dirt and inhibit operation. It may need a small adjustment as my 19 Laramie has no squeaks.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
have you looked in the owners manual? They should have a section regarding the sunroof. most manufactures recommend lubricating and cleaning the tracks and guides at every service or other specified interval. They usually provide a lubricant to use.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sunroof Maintenance​

Use only a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth to clean the glass panel. Periodically check for and clear out any debris that may have collected in the tracks.

from owners manual

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with the dealer if it's under warranty. Very little good comes from adding lubricant where it's not needed as it can collect dust and dirt and inhibit operation. It may need a small adjustment as my 19 Laramie has no squeaks.
Use a dry lubricant and it won't collect dust

RJS

Reaction score
Use a dry lubricant and it won't collect dust
I appreciate that fact but my point was that if it's under warranty why not let the dealer do it. I'm not coating anything with anything when it's under warranty.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most dealerships are hacks, fixing a simple squeak could turn into greasy hand prints on your interior and a fresh door ding

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate that fact but my point was that if it's under warranty why not let the dealer do it. I'm not coating anything with anything when it's under warranty.
Routine maintenance isn't covered under warranty. Do you expect your dealer to wash your truck when it gets dirty?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Service Bulletins for most males have the dealer apply DuPont Krytox around the sunroof seals for roofs that rattle. That’s why I mentioned, because that’s all dealer is likely to do first time you bring it in.

Users who are viewing this thread