5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monterey Area Shop recommendation

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Hey folks, any recommendations for a shop to upgrade brakes on my 2019 Ram 1500? I have been getting some pulsations when I lightly apply the brakes.

Last edited:

Jr22

Reaction score
Most likely the rotors are warped. Are you heavy on the brakes all the time? Have you thought of getting cross drilled or slotted rotors? Im charging to cross drilled rotors even tho my stock ones are fine. Im going with a larger tire set up.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Most likely the rotors are warped. Are you heavy on the brakes all the time? Have you thought of getting cross drilled or slotted rotors? Im charging to cross drilled rotors even tho my stock ones are fine. Im going with a larger tire set up.
I missed your reply, until now that I want to finally do something about the brakes. No heavy use of brakes. I even thought maybe that was the problem and did a few emergency stop simulations. Helped a little. But like you said the rotors are warped I think. So did you upgrade to cross drilled rotors? Do you recommend them?

Jr22

Reaction score
I missed your reply, until now that I want to finally do something about the brakes. No heavy use of brakes. I even thought maybe that was the problem and did a few emergency stop simulations. Helped a little. But like you said the rotors are warped I think. So did you upgrade to cross drilled rotors? Do you recommend them?

I ended up switching to R1 concepts cross drilled rotors when I did my wheels, tires and lift just for the looks. Im sure there a small benefit to the cross drilled rotors but not enough to notice. I did it mostly for looks.

Anyhow, I found a good shop nearby: Lemos 76 - Carmel, CA

Now looking at brake rotors and pads to use.

I actually still have the OEM rotors from my limited. Where in cali are you located?

KaraKoç

Reaction score
I ended up switching to R1 concepts cross drilled rotors when I did my wheels, tires and lift just for the looks. Im sure there a small benefit to the cross drilled rotors but not enough to notice. I did it mostly for looks.

I actually still have the OEM rotors from my limited. Where in cali are you located?
I am in Monterey area. The shops are recommending Napa parts. But I am not sure. The pulsing was intermittent so I had been putting it off. But yesterday I started hearing noise when I hit the brakes, sounds like metal on metal. I think one of the pads have completely failed. Very surprising as I only have 33k miles. I will ask a local dealer to see if it is covered under warranty. Besides the original 36k mile coverage I also have a premuim extended coverage from Mopar.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
The mechanic I like is on Franklin Street called new United truck good guys there
Thanks! I will give them a try next time I need work. I did install new front rotors and pads. Ended up going with a PowerStop kit.

Attachments

• PXL_20230325_164321144.jpg
    PXL_20230325_164321144.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230325_150908936.jpg
    PXL_20230325_150908936.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread