5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Montana's RAM

Montana_

Reaction score
'22 RAM 1500 5.7 ET Longhorn

20241006_120120.jpg

20241006_120242.jpg

20241008_131137.jpg

20241008_131048.jpg

Modifications:
Some things to note:
  • Bought used @19k
  • 8.4" Screen
  • No BSM or ACC/Lane keep
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • Air Suspension
  • E-Torque
Some of those are obvious for this model, but if I had bought new (not paying new prices so compromises were made) I would have gotten a 3.92 model with no sunroof, no E-Torque, and no air suspension. So, living in Montana, it's a question of when not if for the air suspension to freeze/act up. I am planning a Bilstein 5100 delete when it happens and I added a small amount of antifreeze to the system so we'll hope for the best. Until the inevitable happens, I gotta say... it's so nice. I even tested it off road and I was shocked. I have a spot I go to that is not an easy climb and the entry/exit scrapes everything I ever took near it. Not the RAM in OR2. I was able to back in perfectly. The only other vehicle I had that didn't scrape up that spot was a Tacoma with a 3" lift. But that's really not the intention of this RAM. It's my Cowboy Cadillac. Admittedly also enjoying the sunroof. Much better than FORD's I've had with panoramic sunroofs.

Anyways... it is what it is on those options. I'm happy to have the 8.4" screen vs. the 12" disaster but the rest I could do without. 3.21's are fine btw, but if I had the option... sure, I'd love some 3.92's ;)

Being a Montana truck, the sunroof doesn't give me a lot of hope, especially considering the amount of leaky roofs and 3rd brake lights people already have. So it's on the watch list and once you make the lists... you don't get off the list. Ever.

Other plans:
  • Possibly a tuner / unlocked PCM to disable MDS and remove the speed limiter but nothing else really planned.
  • Maybe a tool box in the back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back