5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mold/mildew smell from vents

mcfly223

Reaction score
We had mold/mildew in our 2020 Limited that was caused by the cracked rear window frame which was allowing water inside the cab. But it didn't smell like it was coming from the vents. You might check your AC drain to make sure it's not plugged. Some people have had that happen.
HI! I have recently noticed that my Ram has this weird smell coming from the AC vents. I was wondering where the AC drain plug is located. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HI! I have recently noticed that my Ram has this weird smell coming from the AC vents. I was wondering where the AC drain plug is located. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks :)
It's not a drain plug, it's an open tube. It's supposed to remain open to allow the condensate from the AC coils to drain out. It's located on the firewall above the passenger side frame rail. Here's a pic of mine (circled in red) but I have attached a hose with a 90 degree bend to keep the water from draining onto the frame rail below it. Yours will look like a black plastic tube with about a 1/2" inside diameter and about two inches long. Sorry, I don't have any pics with the hose not installed.

Attachments

• AC drain tube.jpg
    AC drain tube.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread