5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moisture on inside of truck.

Jonz

Reaction score
Unfortunately the thread search thing isn't working and I'm sure this has been discussed already. But I have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie and same as my 2010 ram 1500 big horn, it likes to condensate alot. Especially on the from windshield. I do live in Washington so it's generally wet here and I'm sure that isn't helping. But do these trucks have a common issue as to why this is happening? Also what are some remedies to stop this from happeneing?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Lots of leaking 3rd brakelights and rear sliding window surrounds on these. Some moonroofs, too.

If it's just moisture you're tracking in, run AC on recirculate. You can turn the heat up, but run the AC. moisture condenses on the AC (and supposed to drain out) then the dry air goes through the heater and makes another go-round.

Jonz

Reaction score
Lots of leaking 3rd brakelights and rear sliding window surrounds on these. Some moonroofs, too.

If it's just moisture you're tracking in, run AC on recirculate. You can turn the heat up, but run the AC. moisture condenses on the AC (and supposed to drain out) then the dry air goes through the heater and makes another go-round.
I'll need to try that a/c thing and check around the brake light and rear window then. I dont have a moonroof though.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had condensation on the inside of my windshield once and it ended up being the rear window leaking. It got replaced under warranty and I haven’t had an issue since. Pull off the floor trim pieces in each doorway and slide your hand under the carpet. My carpet padding was wet on the driver’s side rear. As mentioned, a lot of these trucks leak. When I took it to the dealership, they acted like this was totally normal and said that they have had to fix quite a few of them.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had condensation on the inside of my windshield once and it ended up being the rear window leaking. It got replaced under warranty and I haven’t had an issue since. Pull off the floor trim pieces in each doorway and slide your hand under the carpet. My carpet padding was wet on the driver’s side rear. As mentioned, a lot of these trucks leak. When I took it to the dealership, they acted like this was totally normal and said that they have had to fix quite a few of them.
same...

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately the thread search thing isn't working and I'm sure this has been discussed already. But I have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie and same as my 2010 ram 1500 big horn, it likes to condensate alot. Especially on the from windshield. I do live in Washington so it's generally wet here and I'm sure that isn't helping. But do these trucks have a common issue as to why this is happening? Also what are some remedies to stop this from happeneing?
Why you speaking for the entire state when only the western 1/3 of the state gets most of the rain? :p

Lots of ways for moisture to get into the cab, including from your feet or wet clothing. Look for leaks as suggested, around the rear window, CHMSL, and shark fin.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
Picked up my '19 back in August last year and just noticed condensation on the inside of the windshield last week. Dealership said it is the rear window leaking and is now waiting on an approval for warrant repair. I kinda figured it would almost be an automatic approval from how many issues I've read about with the rear windows leaking.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up my '19 back in August last year and just noticed condensation on the inside of the windshield last week. Dealership said it is the rear window leaking and is now waiting on an approval for warrant repair. I kinda figured it would almost be an automatic approval from how many issues I've read about with the rear windows leaking.
As far as I know, dealerships are not authorized to approve warranty repairs. The have to be submitted to Stellantis and approved by them. Keep in mind that a dealership won't get paid unless either the customer or Stellantis pays for the repair. If dealerships started repairing issues without getting prior approval, there too much risk that they'll have to eat the cost of the repair.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
As far as I know, dealerships are not authorized to approve warranty repairs. The have to be submitted to Stellantis and approved by them. Keep in mind that a dealership won't get paid unless either the customer or Stellantis pays for the repair. If dealerships started repairing issues without getting prior approval, there too much risk that they'll have to eat the cost of the repair.
I get that, I'm just saying I would have thought the process would be nearly instantaneous for some of these known and somewhat common issues. I was told it could be up to a week and a half for an approval to come through.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I get that, I'm just saying I would have thought the process would be nearly instantaneous for some of these known and somewhat common issues. I was told it could be up to a week and a half for an approval to come through.
That seems excessive to me too. My daughter took her 2019 Rebel in for the same thing last summer. The repair was approved a couple days later. What took the longest was getting the replacement window in stock. That took over a month.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
just heard back from the dealership yesterday that it was approved and rear glass was ordered…next round of waiting begins. Ended up being 3 days for approval.

Users who are viewing this thread