5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOE'S PERFORMANCE

j517

Reaction score
Based on the comments here i ordered a Catch can from this vendor. on their web site state in stock after 1 month i mail them and they say it will take 4 to 8 weeks. so i decided to wait another month. i email them and ask for status a week later no answer. i call them no answer. i email them again. no answer. so i send a nasty email and demand refund. they act as if they are doing me a favor by giving me back my money after 2.5 months. no apology nothing. WTF i though i was the costumer but i guess i am the idiot who tried to give them my money.

becareful

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I have a few schools of thought

1) they have been extremely helpful when looking at modifications on my truck. They know their stuff and I doubt there are many who can’t claim they know more
2) the product descriptions are not all inclusive. Meaning disclaimers are missing. Let’s say you want to order a 3.92 or 4.10 rear end. You can do that all day everyday BUT there is no mention that you will need a front AND if there was no mention on how to get one.
3) if you were to order said rear end and find this out after the fact you would be paying nearly 30% in restocking plus shipping usually resulting in a 50% loss

Bottom line. They are a fantastic resource. But with their current business model it’s better to contact them first and find out the info. When I have done that I have been far better off and I have appreciated their assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
That's a shame, I have always had top notch service from Moe's

j517

Reaction score
I did call them and asked placed order via phone no mention of 2 months plus. Give the option with flag min 2 to 3 month. No flag 2 to 3 weeks. If we email respond with in 48 hrs I think that is a good time frame. If you call and leave a message call back. That is all I was for an email or phone call. No discount no special treatment just a response to email and call back for status. If u tell me 2 months ok if u tell me 3 month ok dont say nothing and 3 months later not answer emails or phone calls now do I know u didnt go out of business and I'm out 200 bucks.

That is all poboy said it took him 3 months to get his for a catch can Amazon takes 1 to 2 days moshimoto 2 days to process and ship 5 days max to get. Moes 3 months

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I did call them and asked placed order via phone no mention of 2 months plus. Give the option with flag min 2 to 3 month. No flag 2 to 3 weeks. If we email respond with in 48 hrs I think that is a good time frame. If you call and leave a message call back. That is all I was for an email or phone call. No discount no special treatment just a response to email and call back for status. If u tell me 2 months ok if u tell me 3 month ok dont say nothing and 3 months later not answer emails or phone calls now do I know u didnt go out of business and I'm out 200 bucks.

That is all poboy said it took him 3 months to get his for a catch can Amazon takes 1 to 2 days moshimoto 2 days to process and ship 5 days max to get. Moes 3 months

That’s a damn shame

j517

Reaction score
They deleted the comments from earlier also that is sadder

j517

Reaction score
Yea me an I believe his sn is porboy or poboy perty famous here. Told me it took him 3 months to get his catch can and moes would never get another dollar from him. It is gone like the wind

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Yea me an I believe his sn is porboy or poboy perty famous here. Told me it took him 3 months to get his catch can and moes would never get another dollar from him. It is gone like the wind

Interesting.

j517

Reaction score
Yup

JasonB

Reaction score
I called and asked if they had one in stock, said he did, ordered online got it a few days later

About a month ago

HEMI450HP

Reaction score
This is Matt from Moe's Performance, and I wanted to clear up some missing facts in this thread. Below is a timeline of what happened...

March 21st - Jason placed his order for a custom catch can (white with braided hoses and black fittings)

March 26th - Jason asked if he would receive a tracking number once shipped. I responded the same day letting him know that custom catch cans have a 4-6 week build time and that we would email tracking info once shipped.

April 25th - Jason asked for an update on his order. I responded back letting him know that we were at the 4 week mark and we were just waiting for Billet Technology to finish and ship his catch can. We had plenty of the satin finish catch cans in stock, so I also offered to ship him 1 of those instead if he no longer wanted to wait for his custom white can. He said that he would hold out for his white can, so I responded again saying that I would forward his tracking info to him as soon as it shipped from Billet Tech.

June 4th - Jason emailed us again wanting an update for his order. He wrote, "Either tell me what is going on with my order or give me an immediate refund". Billet Technology does not give us daily updates on these custom cans, so we do not know when they are going to ship until the day they leave their shop and they send us tracking info. Because I could not give him an exact answer as to when it would ship, I refunded his order as he asked for.

Moments later, he received the email confirmation from our credit card processor verifying that we processed his refund. His bank did not immediately put the money back in his account, so this is the email response I got from him "When the f**k is my money going to be in the bank a**holes".

I can completely understand the frustration in having to wait 2 months from a custom item to be built and shipped, so I dont blame anyone for being upset about the lead time. To avoid this kind of trouble, the top line of the item description for these cans on our website clearly states that there is a 4-8 week build time for all custom colored items from Billet Tech. We do stock these in the standard satin finish and ship them out every day. We also have about 40 of the custom colored American Flag engraved cans in stock at the moment in Black, red, metallic red, and satin. We try to stock almost every part that we sell, and we ship those parts same day. Custom made or backordered parts are out of our control though, so we are at the mercy of the manufacturer when this happens. Billet Technology has been a great company to work with, and the quality of their billet catch cans and dress up pieces are the best I've seen. They have always had longer than normal lead times for these custom parts, but they have always been worth the wait for me. Moe's would never intentionally blow a customer off or delay shipping times if we had any control or option to get the part out sooner.

j517

Reaction score
This is ur front page with the message u refering to. Small print I guess.

64fe4dd0b5267fbfa4dd75b37eb6e663.jpg

j517

Reaction score
I guess if you miss the fine print because you exited to purchase an item you done for.

And I guess 6 to 8 weeks means 3 months
39553b18b79602ee8796476c6a7ffeba.jpg

j517

Reaction score
Am I the only one this is what someone wrote 3 months not your 4 to 8 week claim
3691f539161023c52df072b4d1d8301f.jpg

j517

Reaction score
This is what they say about ur business
c7d5f2493eb6a77e24d96f84c8a51529.jpg

j517

Reaction score
Yes I did say hey ahole where is my money and refund yet you fail to tell people about the email you claim you never received from me a week earlier asking for status.

If I dont trust your business since you fail to disclose information and you have money them skipy I'm a act like an ahole I wear the title with pride. You are trying to make me look like the bad one here but in reality accept your short comings and stop looking like a horses ***

HEMI450HP

Reaction score
Yes, the purple can was special order as well...the only cans that are almost always in stock are the standard satin with brass fittings and PCV hoses. All custom cans are made and shipped directly from Billet Technology and never touch our hands. The only catch cans that we touch are the standard satin cans that we stock and ship everyday, and the American Flag engraved cans that Billet Technology does exclusively for us.

Because we do not get daily updates from them on the custom cans, we do not know when they are going to ship until the day they leave their shop and they send us tracking info. Most cans ship within that 4-8 week build time, but there have been a few this year that went beyond that due to 1 of Billet Tech's 2 CNC machines going down. They were forced to cut everything they make on 1 machine which put them behind on production.

Once again, if there was anything that we could have done to speed this up, we would have done it. I am open to suggestions though if you feel there is a better way that we can notify customers of the lead time on these custom cans aside from the Bold, Italicized, note in asterisks at the very top of the item description.

j517

Reaction score
The worst part is here is the email u claim not have received I cc the email I sent to you to another email account that way I know it went out.

You trying to play the victim her. Trying to make me look like an ahole yet here is more evidence as to why I was upset.

What can you do to not let this happen again when u have it on big BOLD LETTERS huh try putting o. The check out page.

I found you through a Google search because I saw u here on the forum.

I never saw ur web site
7c05d16e8e661de03b82d1b1de2bd397.jpg
04771457d181ac28b1a11c9f99b4cb4a.jpg
a6d1085935df1b3833400011918ba424.jpg

j517

Reaction score
This is what you see when you Google moes performance

So u telling everyone here there is a 4 to 8 week disclaimer where is it.

I used this forum to find you and wanted to give you my business

You provide mikey mouse service yet I'm the bad guy for warning others to be careful

I never saw ur web site at least not the pic you sent

stupid me I should have punched in your web site read everything and then ordered something. UPS I just realized something before this forum i didnt know you guys even existed.
6db69621ea9270a75c464bee12506bb7.jpg
8401dd50c97edf53f9c7dd708d113771.jpg
b7be3fa89ec5e86c9564650866551c3b.jpg
6be8b10d981da9e14f7fa88dba6a4058.jpg
475f289d75f0b4fdedbf78980569cf10.jpg
e2f0d743bdb957d710fefaa924efe310.jpg
28009b2c1074a54a4c6357919da8710a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread