5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moes perf. Ported throttle body?

Bighorned

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Moes ported throttle bodies? they claim good gains. I want to get the vararam too.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only had it in my 4TH gen and really liked what it offered. Not sure if I’m going to do anything like that with the 5th gen..

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m feeling I would like to hear from others who have actually done it first just to read their thoughts. :)

lrobbi

Reaction score
I have Moes-Perf. Throttle Body. I installed it a while back, about the same time I installed an AFE CAI. I unfortanetly did not have a Dyno done. But I was happy with the throttle response for sure! Later I had the LT headers installed and that's when I really felt the combination of the three working well together. Moes is a 87mm front and back ported.

I have another Throttle Body coming later next week - This is a true 88mm true bored out w/ new blade. I am upgrading only because I have done other work that I can benefit from a "slightly" larger TB.

For the most part, I have no complaints - hope this helps!

PorBoy

Reaction score
The only thing I have to speak of as today is the Mopar CAI, so not really sure I would see any gains.

lrobbi

Reaction score
Understand... if you ever decide to do it a TUNE would also help with the performance HP Gaines

Firebird

Reaction score
I had the throttle body on my 4th gen and loved it! I plan on ordering one for my 19 real soon

popcenator

Reaction score
I have it on my Rebel. Combined with the vararam made a nice improvement, especially on the highway. I'm now running it with the stock box and a drop-in filter for the winter. I feel like it improves throttle response.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. Hello, as I am not too far from Va even though it’s a loooooooooooooong State, where are you having your work done ?

lrobbi

Reaction score
American High Performance https://www.americanhighperformance.com/
They have done all the performance items on the truck and dyno. They have a great installer who breaths Hemi in his blood. Now they are a little high in cost however; I have to say they are GREAT on installation. They take there time and call you with updates throughout the job.... especially if its a 5 or 6 day installation. They also do regular maintenance service. You can see my list of mods.... My Cam package is not for most, but I knew when I purchased this truck I was going to make some major changes in the HP and performance area. Hope this is helpful.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Thank you, I don’t mind costs as long as I know who’s working on it is a knowledgeable person / company when it comes to this motor / tranny combo. Thanks very much for that information.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Honestly unless you plan on going FI then there is no point in a ported throttle body. The oem one can handle more than enough airflow to support basic mods like a cold air intake and headers. You only have to upgrade the throttle body once that becomes the point of restriction for airflow. I have built enough engines and high performance cars to have seen this.

George_RAM

Reaction score
I have it on my Rebel. Combined with the vararam made a nice improvement, especially on the highway. I'm now running it with the stock box and a drop-in filter for the winter. I feel like it improves throttle response.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hi @popcenator did you had to tune your truck when installing the TB ?

George_RAM

Reaction score
I have Moes-Perf. Throttle Body. I installed it a while back, about the same time I installed an AFE CAI. I unfortanetly did not have a Dyno done. But I was happy with the throttle response for sure! Later I had the LT headers installed and that's when I really felt the combination of the three working well together. Moes is a 87mm front and back ported.

I have another Throttle Body coming later next week - This is a true 88mm true bored out w/ new blade. I am upgrading only because I have done other work that I can benefit from a "slightly" larger TB.

For the most part, I have no complaints - hope this helps!

I am on the fence of purchasing a larger Throttle Body for my truck. I am looking at Moe's ported TB 87mm, and it caught my attention that you are using an 88mm. Are there any significant changes? Did you have to tune your truck or any engine lights? May be share the link of the 88mm TB ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/