5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modifying USA-SBX-12.1-PR-xxxxx 12 inch update

sickcodes

Reaction score
Where are we with the digital rear view Mirror? Any news?
Well I have seen specific references to 2019, 2020, in the disk. I have a 2020 VP4R. Can you explain exactly what isn’t working and what’s supposed to work, or do you have a YouTube link? I’ve reversed the usb updater, the Navi updater, but still can’t work out how to decrypt the incoming system update (USB 1 from the maps update). I’ll check some Alfa, Jeep, etc. places to see if someone has worked it out.

All USB 1 have the same:

aes-256-ctr encrypted tar gz
IV
EFWEK

there’s some references to hidden pair, if anyone has any knowledge feel free to let me know.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have seen specific references to 2019, 2020, in the disk. I have a 2020 VP4R. Can you explain exactly what isn’t working and what’s supposed to work, or do you have a YouTube link? I’ve reversed the usb updater, the Navi updater, but still can’t work out how to decrypt the incoming system update (USB 1 from the maps update). I’ll check some Alfa, Jeep, etc. places to see if someone has worked it out.

All USB 1 have the same:

aes-256-ctr encrypted tar gz
IV
EFWEK

there’s some references to hidden pair, if anyone has any knowledge feel free to let me know.
The radio, and it’s software has no relationship to the digital rear view mirror and it’s camera. It is controlled by LIN bus via the BCM.

sickcodes

Reaction score
The radio, and it’s software has no relationship to the digital rear view mirror and it’s camera. It is controlled by LIN bus via the BCM.

The Uconnect board behind the radio and the display completely rule the car. I can see logs, where, if the camera is not detected, it's not going to show up on the 12 inch display.

The HMI cameras send all the data back to the Uconnect, where it's decided to be displayed on the screen or not.

In this model, surround camera is available (assuming 2 is enabled), however rear is not.

Uconnect is running on v850 Renesas, and the only place I can find "HMI", is Renesas papers:

What has Ram or a dealership said about the cameras so far?

I'm just going off what I can see:

Screenshot_2022-02-01_20-36-09.png
Screenshot_2022-02-01_20-33-11.png

1643748571885.png

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Uconnect board behind the radio and the display completely rule the car. I can see logs, where, if the camera is not detected, it's not going to show up on the 12 inch display.

The HMI cameras send all the data back to the Uconnect, where it's decided to be displayed on the screen or not.

In this model, surround camera is available (assuming 2 is enabled), however rear is not.

Uconnect is running on v850 Renesas, and the only place I can find "HMI", is Renesas papers:

What has Ram or a dealership said about the cameras so far?

I'm just going off what I can see:

View attachment 119255
View attachment 119256

View attachment 119257
Those are all the surround view cameras and CSM’s you’re seeing.
These guys are referring to the digital rear view mirror and it’s camera. It has no association with the radio. The mirror and digital camera are linked together via lvds.

sickcodes

Reaction score
Ah, I see... the "digital rear view mirror" is completely separate and I was unaware it has an actual "display" built into the screen.

I was under the impression it was a camera at the rear, that would appear on the 12 inch display.

For the record, the 12 inch display is also LVDS + CAN

MY21-RAM-3500-04-Interior-01-Desktop-02-Features-01.jpg.image.1000.png

Also, here's the bench tester I'm using: https://www.opuradio.com/products/w...1500-2500-3500-car-navigation-12-inch-display

If anyone wants to also test their radio, outside of the vehicle.

baksikru

Reaction score
good afternoon! I came across you because I was surfing the Internet a lot about solving my question. I myself am from another continent, I am engaged in the repair of these cars. I have such a question , is it possible to somehow update the connect Ram 19-21 navigation maps to add European navigation maps there ? I solved the issue of changing the language through alfa-obd by changing the region.and I can't solve the issue of updating the navigator, I even subtracted the memory of the radio mechanically anyway, I can't fix the region so that I can upload maps there. Europe, maybe you have some kind of solution ? or let 's find it together !

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, I see... the "digital rear view mirror" is completely separate and I was unaware it has an actual "display" built into the screen.

I was under the impression it was a camera at the rear, that would appear on the 12 inch display.

View attachment 119601

Also, here's the bench tester I'm using: Wiring Tester with Emulator for 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 car Navigation 12 INCH Display

Any word on this type of tester for uConnect5?

Cesar592

Reaction score
Uconnect 5

Attachments

• 5D57304F-C3CD-44BE-9CD0-FF80985D20FA.png
    5D57304F-C3CD-44BE-9CD0-FF80985D20FA.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 77

sickcodes

Reaction score
Update late 2022... Stellantis does not allow non-NAFTA units to update. I only have ROW units. I might take this to FTC

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update late 2022... Stellantis does not allow non-NAFTA units to update. I only have ROW units. I might take this to FTC
Can you explain what non-nafta and row are? I’m trying to get into doing this for UC5, but there’s almost no info I can find on the subject.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NAFTA is north america free trade agreement. Mexico, USA and Canada.

ROW is rest of world. Everywhere else.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
NAFTA is north america free trade agreement. Mexico, USA and Canada.

ROW is rest of world. Everywhere else.
Oh, lol. Thought it was in relation to some of the hardware interface stuff and I had never heard of it. I feel dumb now.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 119601

Also, here's the bench tester I'm using: Wiring Tester with Emulator for 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 car Navigation 12 INCH Display

You wanna do something slick, build a cheap Arduino that can run the 21+ DRVM. @Jimmy07 said a coconspirator has it working with a spare 2021 BCM but that seems like overkill just to run the mirror. Or maybe those guys are already working this, I dunno.

Ka1

Reaction score
Working on this again with about a year of extra experience 😂
do you still need more updates? I have 39. something, and soon will get 40.1.. I also have a question on changing my map to middle east, is there anyway to do that?

moabbikr

Reaction score
Any chance you might be able to help with failed updates? Every time I try to perform an update it gets to 19% fails and reverts back. I'm having problem with gps and connected services not working and I've read others having success fixing this with the latest update. Happy to rip the radio out if necessary and willing to perform and or supply any tests.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance you might be able to help with failed updates? Every time I try to perform an update it gets to 19% fails and reverts back. I'm having problem with gps and connected services not working and I've read others having success fixing this with the latest update. Happy to rip the radio out if necessary and willing to perform and or supply any tests.

Sounds like a dead cellular card.
Mine was doing that when trying to update manually after I had pulled the card out.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

sickcodes,​

I have the PR40.1 PR39.7 and PR39.9 files, i also have a couple of bricked modules I'd like you to see if you can flash the NAND as it crashed during update. i'm usually on my @theRamguy profile, but it's having issues logging in. please send me a DM

@theRamguy @markt4cali

You are not allowed to have multiple site user profiles. This violates site rules. A moderator will be contacting you to resolve.

Users who are viewing this thread