5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobilfluid LT

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Happy Monday dudes. So, I just flipped 50k on the 21 and wanted to get my driveline fluids changed (big towing run in January coming up).

I was planning to stick with all Mopar for warranty purposes and simplicity. I’ve found it’s basically impossible to get the Mopar fluids at the moment because of the UAW strikes.

Apparently the only way to get the correct T case fluid for the “auto” 4x4 case in quarts is via Mopar. Otherwise you need to buy a 5 gallon pail of mobilfluid LT.

Anyone close to Indianapolis Indiana that might want to split some of a 5 gallon pail ?

I gave up on the axle lube and went amsoil severe gear 75-90 in both. (3.21 gears). I tow a lot and the rear fluid definitely looked used but not in bad shape. I keep tabs on my axle temp and I think the highest I’ve ever seen in my IR gun to the diff cover is about 170-175. Those are measured after highway towing runs in the hills at gas stops.

The front diff I felt bad about draining when I saw what came out. Literally looked like new out of the bottle fluid. Will likely stick with 100k services on that from here on out. I use 4x4 auto frequently but at low speeds(boat ramp, getting into traffic in snow/rain, and moving stuff around the grass barn yard when it’s wet). No offroady or mud service type stuff.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Happy Monday dudes. So, I just flipped 50k on the 21 and wanted to get my driveline fluids changed (big towing run in January coming up).

I was planning to stick with all Mopar for warranty purposes and simplicity. I’ve found it’s basically impossible to get the Mopar fluids at the moment because of the UAW strikes.

Apparently the only way to get the correct T case fluid for the “auto” 4x4 case in quarts is via Mopar. Otherwise you need to buy a 5 gallon pail of mobilfluid LT.

Anyone close to Indianapolis Indiana that might want to split some of a 5 gallon pail ?

I gave up on the axle lube and went amsoil severe gear 75-90 in both. (3.21 gears). I tow a lot and the rear fluid definitely looked used but not in bad shape. I keep tabs on my axle temp and I think the highest I’ve ever seen in my IR gun to the diff cover is about 170-175. Those are measured after highway towing runs in the hills at gas stops.

The front diff I felt bad about draining when I saw what came out. Literally looked like new out of the bottle fluid. Will likely stick with 100k services on that from here on out. I use 4x4 auto frequently but at low speeds(boat ramp, getting into traffic in snow/rain, and moving stuff around the grass barn yard when it’s wet). No offroady or mud service type stuff.
Without looking it the manual, don't know what the spec is you are looking for, but did you check Amazon? They list a lot of factory parts.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Out of stock. I actually just found a dealer here locally around lunch with 8 quarts and I paid out the nose. Will look for a better solution on the next fluid change.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Changed the fluid in the T case last night. What came out looked great. Bit more color than the stuff going in but clear as a bell.

With all the clutches inside I’ll likely continue to do a 50k interval along with the rear end at 50k.

Front diff was so new and clean I’ll probably start adhering to 100k for that piece.

Users who are viewing this thread