5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMB Carplay Box. Watch youtube/netflix on OEM screen

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea

Yeah.
It's suppose to be running Android 11, but it's running Android version 9.
I gotcha. Still a little rich for my blood. Might try the Carlinkit at some point. I really wanted it for wireless carplay, but the multimedia options would be nice.

Reaction score
I just got this one today PICASOU 2 PRO Carplay AI Box
I looked at the cheaper ones but I know they take longer to boot and can be locked down to only allow a few apps, this can download anything an android can run and is the fastest tested.
That all said I haven't plugged it in yet :)

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got this one today PICASOU 2 PRO Carplay AI Box
I looked at the cheaper ones but I know they take longer to boot and can be locked down to only allow a few apps, this can download anything an android can run and is the fastest tested.
That all said I haven't plugged it in yet :)
thanks for the link, I think I will hold off for now, there are only a handful of times I find myself wanting to watch a game while away on the truck. Will save the links in case

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Yea

Yeah.
It's suppose to be running Android 12, but it's running Android version 9.
I haven’t seen any of them with android 12. Latest I’ve seen is 11.

I have a streamtoyourcar one as well. It does get pretty warm so recommend not setting on the leather. I brought it up to them a couple times and they say it’s normal. I mean it is a small raspberry pi but still.

Got another one on Amazon too. A lot cheaper and has option to add a SIM card so you can use anywhere. Pretty cool option to have.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
CarPlay Ai Box Adapter Carlinkit Andoroid 11.0 System Wireless CarPlay Android Auto Streaming Box for Car, Netflix YouTube Google Play 4G Network QCM2290 4-core 3G +32G, for More Than 98% of Cars https://a.co/d/3xFqOW9
I am looking at this one. Is it slow to connect or react?

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
This one has slower cpu and ram than others. So they will be slower than some of the ones that are a little more. 4 core vs 8 core cpu, 3g ram vs 4, 32gb storage vs 64 or 128

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like it has less cores, but more speed per core, and a newer GPU. It will still prob be a little slower tho, hence the price

Android 11.0

CPU
Qualcomm QCM2290, quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex™-A53 processor @ 2.0 GHz 11nm process

GPU
Adreno™ 702

ROM
3GB of RAM + 32GB of onboard memory

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah, honestly, I might return it. after a few days, it does work ok, but sometimes its glitchy on connecting..

but what I can't stand, is every time the truck is started, it goes to the CarPlay screen. maybe ok for some, but I don't want it to go into CarPlay unless I press button. I want it to stay on FM or Sirius screen.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
yeah, honestly, I might return it. after a few days, it does work ok, but sometimes its glitchy on connecting..

but what I can't stand, is every time the truck is started, it goes to the CarPlay screen. maybe ok for some, but I don't want it to go into CarPlay unless I press button. I want it to stay on FM or Sirius screen.
I think thats a uconnect thing. Mine does this when I plug my phone into the truck. Try that instead of going through the carlinkit dongle and see what it does.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah, I think you're right. the stupid CarPlay screen to just too bright, even at night. I just want black background especially at night. not all funky swirly apple colors.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
This one’s on sale for $103. Just a heads up.

Limited-time deal: CarPlay Ai Box Adapter CarlinKit Wireless Android Auto & Wireless CarPlay Multimedia Box Netflix/YouTube Car Video, Comes with Android 11.0 System, 4G Network/Google Play Download Apps/Built-in GPS https://a.co/d/gDEe1TQ

Last edited:

Herry.8

Reaction score
After using the code NEW2023, this unit only needs $180. The newest version of AI BOX with Android 12.0 system and 8+128G memory.

Users who are viewing this thread