5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Interior Trim Piece

MN5241

Reaction score
I just noticed I'm missing a piece off the switch panel located under the screen. I assumed all was normal but I sat in a another truck the other day and noticed it looked different. I had the trailer brake controller installed by the dealer when I first got the truck 2 years ago, my guess is that it has been missing the whole time, or I knocked if off and vacuumed it up.

I'm not sure what part number to be looking for. I was able to track down the switch panel, but can't figure out if that includes that piece or not, and for 75-100 bucks I'm not going to chance it. I am also unsure what part number properly corresponds to my truck as there are several, my guess is for the number of switches.
Mine:
1606954688443.png
Factory:
1606954982249.png

If anyone has an idea of what piece I need to be looking for that would be great! Thanks!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’d ask the dealer about it and if it cost too much then maybe look in a scrap yard ?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would check with your dealer to see if perhaps they would be able to cover that piece under warranty.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I found the piece from the other end of the switches on my floor a couple of months after I bought the truck. My floor mats were clean at the time, otherwise I might not have noticed it. I can see how you could easily just vacuum it up without noticing it. Not sure when it fell off or how, but it went back on easily. Now I'm a little more conscience of them when I clean the dash and use the switches. I suspect you won't be able to buy just that part. Fatherof3's suggestion to look in a scrap yard might be the best option if your dealer can't get it without buying the whole switch panel.

MN5241

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone! I will check with the dealer, if I can't get it without the whole panel I can just live with it. I'm sure I've lived with it this long.

Users who are viewing this thread