5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Gas Tank Skid Plate Mount

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone else with the standard gas tank on a Bighorn or Laramie have a missing mount for the skid plate. I noticed this yesterday when putting my BDS lift on. It's almost like maybe they gave me the one meant for the larger tank or possibly the Rebel version?

Attachments

• Skid Plate 1.jpg
    Skid Plate 1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Skid Plate 2.jpg
    Skid Plate 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 102

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Another exemplary display of QC attention to detail by FCA. Way to go guys... :rolleyes:

JustMe

Reaction score
? - SO . . . I suppose at "THIS RATE," any Nit-Picky Consumer will be spending the better part of, what(?). 2 DAYS going thru the continually revised "Check-In Inspection" sheet generated here ? THIS deserves an additional Customer Discount . . . $500 sounds fair since the Military Discount seems to "come & go" whenever the breeze changes direction . . . :rolleyes: . . . :)

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Was wondering what that was for...mine has the same thing.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'll have to check that on my Laramie. But first, when you say "standard gas tank", which size are you referring to? It varies from 23 to 26 gallons. On my truck, the standard size is the 23 gallon tank. Which is unfortunately what I have.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think we are in the same boat no matter what tank we have. I'm going to stick in a half inch spacer, screw it into the frame and call it a day

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where exactly is this located on the truck, I want to double check mine.

Nibis

Reaction score
I'll have to check that on my Laramie. But first, when you say "standard gas tank", which size are you referring to? It varies from 23 to 26 gallons. On my truck, the standard size is the 23 gallon tank. Which is unfortunately what I have.
I'm shopping right now, is there any way to tell what size tank the truck has. I thought they all had the 26, or 33

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Kind of forgot about this thread, but I was under my truck yesterday and remembered about it. I do have this missing mount on my Laramie CC with the 23 gallon tank.

I'm shopping right now, is there any way to tell what size tank the truck has. I thought they all had the 26, or 33
Sometimes it's listed on the window sticker. If not, ask the dealer for the build sheet for the truck you're interested in. It will be listed there for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread