5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing features after battery disconnect

Damion

Reaction score
I installed the factory trailer brake controller tonight, followed the instructions everything went smooth install wise, but after reconnecting the battery, Ive lost all of my sirius stuff ( Guardian etc...) not even the SXM option in my sources, my backup camera isn't there or working and my controls screen is gone ( for heated seats etc ) Basically its gone back to a non-optioned radio.

Anyone ever have this happen? Ive read things about letting them sit for a couple hours, and having some things return back to normal and am hoping this is the case with mine. If not ill bring it to the dealer tomorrow, they may have to refresh something in the radio. ( plus they have to add the trailer brake to the truck anyway )

Thanks

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to me, everything came back including my presets. Should be good tomorrow

Gemlin

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. After about a hour or so, they all came back. Give it some time.

Damion

Reaction score
Started the truck this morning and all is back to normal. Weird that they do that

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started the truck this morning and all is back to normal. Weird that they do that

All the components are "too networked" now. When you power back up after a disconnect, they all start discovering each other on the network and that takes time. It's no longer the simple days where 12V would light it all up.

Damion

Reaction score
Yea ive noticed that, I mentioned that to the dealer who had no idea they acted this way, im sure the service techs do.

All is well now but it was a bit scary for a minute...... Hope all this helps someone else in the future

saxapl

Reaction score
I had this happen to me today after the ARE cap was installed. The topper guys did not know what happened. I am hoping by tomorrow morning the truck sorts itself out. I am uneasy relying on the overnight truck fairy but it worked for others...

RamGuy32

Reaction score
I installed the factory trailer brake controller tonight, followed the instructions everything went smooth install wise, but after reconnecting the battery, Ive lost all of my sirius stuff ( Guardian etc...) not even the SXM option in my sources, my backup camera isn't there or working and my controls screen is gone ( for heated seats etc ) Basically its gone back to a non-optioned radio.

Anyone ever have this happen? Ive read things about letting them sit for a couple hours, and having some things return back to normal and am hoping this is the case with mine. If not ill bring it to the dealer tomorrow, they may have to refresh something in the radio. ( plus they have to add the trailer brake to the truck anyway )

Thanks

Give it some time...it's almost like it's re-provisioning the software.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
We drive 5000 lbs computers on wheels. Disconnecting the battery is akin to doing a hard reboot. Glad it all came back.

Cheers,

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
Looks like I'm in the same boat. Have to wait for the system to reboot overnight I guess.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
Just had subwoofer and amp installed, computer is acting real squirrelly- cameras, seat settings, and other stuff missing. SiriusXM somehow works fine. Hope it's the same issue.

Also, need to delete ANC, sub sounds awful. That's a different thread....

Duran

Reaction score
I had the same thing i just left it alone for the night and it was back on in the morning. Calling uconnect is no help

Sewerrat563

Reaction score

Thanks
im actually going through this now. so I am only hoping that it will just a reboot. thanks for asking the question.

Knotinn

Reaction score
Please send the overnight truck fairy to my place tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread