5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misleading? It’s on me at the end of the day but still...

Mason1217

Reaction score
Picked up a Flame Red Built to Serve yesterday, told the Salesman I’d take it sight unseen as it wasn’t even delivered to the dealership yet when I told him to put my name on it. Really wanted it because it’s 1 of 1000 so I would have gotten it anyways, but..... you literally can’t build it on the website without it forcing you to take the 8.4 WITH Nav or the 12 inch screen. I was a little annoyed when I got to the dealership to see it was 8.4 NON Nav. Like I said, I’d already planned on getting it but it still seems a bit shady no?? D003A9F2-ABA3-4D00-9C94-FD8C90BCF79B.jpeg

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the shady part? Did they tell you it had Nav? If so, they can add it...

Mason1217

Reaction score
What’s the shady part? Did they tell you it had Nav? If so, they can add it...
No I’m not saying the dealer was shady, just the website seems a bit misleading, like when I built it online and saw this, I automatically think, oh good, the one I’m getting must have the Nav. It’s just odd that you can’t NOT pick Nav online but they for sure make them without Nav. Like I said, I love the truck and I would have gotten it no matter what, I use Waze and never used the remote start from the app after the free trial was over, it just seems odd that the website says you can’t get it without this, but in reality, you can.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No I’m not saying the dealer was shady, just the website seems a bit misleading, like when I built it online and saw this, I automatically think, oh good, the one I’m getting must have the Nav. It’s just odd that you can’t NOT pick Nav online but they for sure make them without Nav. Like I said, I love the truck and I would have gotten it no matter what, I use Waze and never used the remote start from the app after the free trial was over, it just seems odd that the website says you can’t get it without this, but in reality, you can.
Can't explain what happens between the manufacturers, suppliers and final product but you are not alone. I have a 2006 Honda Accord, silver exterior with gray interior - couldn't order it that way, but it was on the dealer lot and what wife and I wanted. In our case we were happy.
I understand your thought process. Maybe too many 8.4s and not enough 8.4 Navs at the time??????????

Mason1217

Reaction score
Yea, maybe something like that. The sales guy said Chrysler would allow their dealership to order a maximum of 2 Flame Red and 2 Billet silver Built to Serves ONLY if they also bought 80 Jeep Renegades and 30 Jeep Compasses and also that they couldn’t spec the 4 “Special” Trucks. It was like a take it or leave it kind of thing. A guy I work with said he went to a Ram dealer in Monroe Michigan and he has a close friend there, and his friend said they have 1 Flame Red, 1 Gator and 1 Anvil and NONE of them are for sale. Instead, they are running a “Lottery” and will have a drawing on like 4th of July, Veteran’s day, etc and the lottery “winner” wins the opportunity to buy or lease 1 of the 3 trucks 😂 So like I said, they seem so hard to get, I’m super excited to have it no matter what.

79 300

Reaction score
When I ordered my truck the online build and price said I could not get the bed utility group or rear wheelhouse liners if I got the black appearance package. When the dealer tried in the showroom, it allowed both to be ordered.
The website is is known not to agree with the actual dealership ordering software.

KCViper

Reaction score
Only thing that really matters is the dealer configurator, which can be different (sometimes good and sometimes bad) than the Ram website! Always ask for a build sheet to see the exact options on a truck....can help eliminate surprises!

BowDown

Reaction score
From the pic, looks like the seat inserts chosen have something to do with the NAV choice

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
Only thing that really matters is the dealer configurator, which can be different (sometimes good and sometimes bad) than the Ram website! Always ask for a build sheet to see the exact options on a truck....can help eliminate surprises!
My dealer "had" to add the mopar rubber floor mats and rear wheel liners. I was going to add them aftermarket (hoped to find used or at least cheaper) trying to save as much as I could on my financing. I opted to just go with it and the more I read, im wondering if it actually is a per-dealer software thing.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Never trust the Ram builder. The Ram builder also won’t allow you to do the trailer tow group on a Built To Serve, but many dealer trucks have it and you can build order it too. I noticed the same about it not letting you build it without the NAV, but a ton don’t have it.

End of the day it is kind of on you. I mean, you didn’t even look at the window sticker before you bought it? Don’t think I would trust the salesman to tell me all the option a truck coming has. At the very least check the window sticker.

silver billet

Reaction score
You may not have the 100% exact config of your truck, built out on the website. When you use the website and add features/packages, it will force you to pick an upgraded head unit (or something else like level 2 package etc etc).

KCViper

Reaction score
My dealer "had" to add the mopar rubber floor mats and rear wheel liners. I was going to add them aftermarket (hoped to find used or at least cheaper) trying to save as much as I could on my financing. I opted to just go with it and the more I read, im wondering if it actually is a per-dealer software thing.
Dealer told me the same about the rubber floor mats (must order with them.....BS), but I was okay with them anyway. I did choose to add the rear wheel liners. Dealer games.....

Mason1217

Reaction score
Never trust the Ram builder. The Ram builder also won’t allow you to do the trailer tow group on a Built To Serve, but many dealer trucks have it and you can build order it too. I noticed the same about it not letting you build it without the NAV, but a ton don’t have it.

End of the day it is kind of on you. I mean, you didn’t even look at the window sticker before you bought it? Don’t think I would trust the salesman to tell me all the option a truck coming has. At the very least check the window sticker.
I did, but the things listed on the actual window sticker didn’t even list all the things listed on the website that are part of the “built to serve” package so I just figured eh, it’s probably got it 😂 wouldn’t have been a deal breaker anyways so I didn’t call my sales guy and ask him. Plus, they didn’t have the truck on their lot yet it was still in the Connor yard so I couldn’t have him like go physically check stuff for me.

deadringer

Reaction score

yep, my BTS has the tow group, but couldnt add in the configurator.

Users who are viewing this thread