5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misfire complications

bkruse643

Reaction score
I have 2019 Ram etorque it started with a cylinder 4 misfire and quickly said my auto stop was disabled. I replaced plugs and coil pack and had no change. I then pulled the injectors and cleaned them. Now it says I have a multi cylinder misfire. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’m out of ideas.

aaronYork

Reaction score
Does it have the tick noise? It " could " be the lifter failure and its taking out the cam lobes.

Do you have acces to see the misfire count?

bkruse643

Reaction score
It doesn’t have the lifter tick. I don’t have a way to see the misfires yet. Working on borrowing a computer. It runs great under high idle really only seems to misfire at idle when it’s warm. I’m stumped.

Snekpete

Reaction score
I have 2019 Ram etorque it started with a cylinder 4 misfire and quickly said my auto stop was disabled. I replaced plugs and coil pack and had no change. I then pulled the injectors and cleaned them. Now it says I have a multi cylinder misfire. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’m out of ideas.
Check the Intake Manifold Runner control and actuator.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Thank you. The wires and everything seem to be in good shape. It’s throwing code P0304 now. Just that code.
The runner still needs to be checked that it is opening and closing. I had the exact same codes on my 2016 Mustang. The Mustang had a vacuum actuated Manifold runner and everything appeared fine until I removed the intake manifold. It turns out that the actuating rod had failed, but the vacuum actuator was working normally, it just didn't connect to the runner.

I do not recommend pulling the intake at this point. The number 4 cylinder is the second one from the front on the driver's side, so you only need to focus on that runner and cylinder. The runner should open and close based on throttle position. You need to figure out a way to check this out. Since the motor needs to be running to actuate the runner, this could be difficult.

If it were me I would first do a compression check on number 4. You've already done the plugs, COP and injector. A cheap endoscope that attaches to your phone would allow for a look see inside the cylinder and perhaps inside the intake and the runner. There is a LOT of chatter about the P0304 code on the forums, but I didn't see any real solutions. Good luck and keep me updated! BTW, pulling the intake on the Mustang was a piece of cake.

aaronYork

Reaction score
Have you ever cleaned the throttle body butterfly plate? Take the intake tube off and look to see if its gunked up and clean it. Make sure you clear codes.

Once you clean it you can do a throttle relearn.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Move your #4 injector to a new cylinder. If misfire stays on cylinder #4 then it's most likely a mechanical issue.

Users who are viewing this thread