5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrors

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
if you didn't get the towing package do the standard mirrors work for towing a 8' wide travel trailer

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if you didn't get the towing package do the standard mirrors work for towing a 8' wide travel trailer
Our camper is 100" wide. I'd prefer the tow mirrors, but the mirrors on our Laramie have worked out fine for almost 15k towing miles.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I had the standard mirrors with the corner convex. They are definitely useable for lack of a better word. Bought some Boost Auto Parts plug and play tow mirrors and towing is much more pleasant now.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
I ordered a set of mirror extensions that snap on hopefully they will do the trick.

Loudram

Reaction score
On my current truck they fit very tight. With my last truck they weren't as tight. They are a little harder to get on and off but they will not shake and they will not fall off. You'll love them.

HyT0wer

Reaction score
They do but I would suggest you put slip on tow mirror at minimum. I'm going with tow mirrors personally

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I too use these...mine are also super snug to get on and it drives me nuts LOL. But at least they do not move, so there is the plus side. I have a 30ft bumper pull and it got to the point where I have stopped using these most of the time and have just relied on stock tow mirrors. With the slip-on ones, I usually had to have my wife adjust the mirror for me every time and she could never get it perfect for me LOL. I kind of wish that it came with real tow mirrors overall. The stock ones will work, the slip-ons will work better but will have to adjust each time you put them on.

TrueNorth

Reaction score
We’ve had a couple of pairs of the Snap Zap mirrors on our previous Gen 4s. Found that if you heated the plastic housing with a heat gun or hair dryer before the first time you install them they seemed to mold to the trucks mirror a bit and were easier to put on after that. Just our experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread