5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrors tilt in reverse

dynalowsoldier

Reaction score
I just traded my 2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE for a 2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE 4x4. I really enjoyed this feature in my 2013 but I'm a bit dismayed that it isn't in my new one. I have the Trailer-Tow Package too. It just makes sense to ME that with that package especially, this feature would be very much available. The tow mirrors are NOT power folding. However, this feature IS selectable within the UConnect system but when I DO select it, it "unchecks" after a second or two. Why would it NOT be grayed out if it's not available?

Riddle me THAT, fellas....

Attachments

• RAM 1.png
    RAM 1.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 44
  • RAM 10.png
    RAM 10.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 43

sylvan oaks

Reaction score
I just traded my 2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE for a 2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE 4x4. I really enjoyed this feature in my 2013 but I'm a bit dismayed that it isn't in my new one. I have the Trailer-Tow Package too. It just makes sense to ME that with that package especially, this feature would be very much available. The tow mirrors are NOT power folding. However, this feature IS selectable within the UConnect system but when I DO select it, it "unchecks" after a second or two. Why would it NOT be grayed out if it's not available?

Riddle me THAT, fellas....
Take it back to the dealer, they will have to reprogram. That enabled mine to work, but not happy about it folding completely down in reverse, basically useless. I would think it would be tied to the memory switch function, same as my seats and pedals.

Nick54

Reaction score
Might find it here >>>> Uconnect/mirrors & wipers/Tilt Side Mirrors In Reverse - on - off

Appears that mine also drive to the bottom stop, not the best since you may need your side mirrors for backing.

I'm thinking I may use my second driver preset to set the mirrors for backing.

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed you shopped at Pappa's, I ended up at Gengras, although Pappa's was good to me as well. Welcome and congrats on the truck from another Central CT guy! :cool:

The reverse tilt mirrors are supposed to be relative to where you have them set, but for me, it seems like they just power all the way down to looking at the ground... I don't have the tow mirrors, but the function seems to be the exact same, with the exception that mine power fold inward.

Users who are viewing this thread