5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrors decide when to open/close - AlphaOBD solution?

1tonhemi

Reaction score
I've got a 3500 RAM with power telescopic mirrors. Instead of letting me decide when the mirrors should be un-folded, the mirrors automatically un-fold when I reach a certain speed (around 10MPH).

This "auto-unfold" feature is REALLY annoying when off-road. The mirrors seem to automatically un-fold at the worst possible time, causing them to collide with branches etc on a tight trail.

Has anyone figured out how to defeat this annoying automatic un-fold?? I'm wondering if there's a way to disable this annoying feature on AlphaOBD?

Any help or input appreciated!

I've got a 3500 RAM with power telescopic mirrors. Instead of letting me decide when the mirrors should be un-folded, the mirrors automatically un-fold when I reach a certain speed (around 10MPH).

This "auto-unfold" feature is REALLY annoying when off-road. The mirrors seem to automatically un-fold at the worst possible time, causing them to collide with branches etc on a tight trail.

Has anyone figured out how to defeat this annoying automatic un-fold?? I'm wondering if there's a way to disable this annoying feature on AlphaOBD?

Any help or input appreciated!
You might have better luck in the Homepage - HD Rams forum. This is the 5th Gen 1500 Rams site.

Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, are you saying that the 5th Gen 1500 Hemis with power folding mirrors do not share this auto-unfold "feature" ? I could be wrong but I thought this "feature" was present in all models 2023 and beyond, whether 1500, 2500, or 3500. Again, I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back