5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror warning signs

Rottonrob

Reaction score
Just pulled my 14 foot cargo trailer. While going down the road with no other cars ,the lights in the mirror flash once in a while.
Is there a setting that I need to find?
Thanks

As you were

Reaction score
We had a Toyota Rav do this after an collision repair. Turned out the blind monitor sensor on the passenger side started firing off false positives when driving by guard rails on the side of the road. After replacing the sensor and recalibrating the detection zone areas, the false positives stopped. Did you lift/lower the truck recently? Maybe the weight of your trailer affected the detection area.

Rottonrob

Reaction score
We had a Toyota Rav do this after an collision repair. Turned out the blind monitor sensor on the passenger side started firing off false positives when driving by guard rails on the side of the road. After replacing the sensor and recalibrating the detection zone areas, the false positives stopped. Did you lift/lower the truck recently? Maybe the weight of your trailer affected the detection area.
Stock truck and 3000 lbs trailer. Does on both sides

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It could be something less sinister. I left the bed step down while I jockeyed my truck one day while washing it. The rear backup alarm went nuts. So it could be as simple as a safety chain swinging into view. Try the Safety settings in UConnect. there's one for trailer length for blind spot alert.

Users who are viewing this thread