5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror Replacement - 2021 Ram Rebel

LCMachine

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I am new to this site and thank you for making it available to me.

I have recently bought a 2021 Rebel 1500. The truck came with factory installed trailer-tow mirrors, they show as a $245 cost on the original window sticker.

We have single stall garage doors and the extra mirror width allows me to barely fit thru the door, so I have been manual folding in a mirror upon entrance and exit.

The current mirrors are trailer-tow, manual fold, have a signal blinker light, small puddle light on the bottom, and power adjust.

I would like to replace the mirrors with standard width mirrors to save a few inches of overall vehicle width and ease of garage enter/exit.

The dealership that I bought the truck from is not a Ram dealer, and before the purchase the salesman assured me that the mirrors could be replaced with standard width mirrors and they would be plug and play. I asked and the dealership agreed to order in the mirrors and replace for me at my cost after the purchase. After they ordered in the replacement mirrors and began the process, I was told that they will not work and my truck has no other option but staying with the trailering mirrors. I was told that the way my current truck and mirror configuration is optioned, that replacement mirrors will throw codes on my dash - probably because I do not have power folding now? Shame on me for believing the salesman because now I frustrated with my decision to purchase the truck before the mirrors were replaced.

I would like to present my question to you all and see if there might be some insight or guidance for me in continuing the mirror replacement journey. Does anybody know of a replacement mirror option that would be plug and play? How about trying to splice in and reuse my current mirror wire harness and plug on the replacement mirrors?

Thank you in advance for any experience or guidance that can be provided.

i`m not sure if they are totally correct there have been many on this site that have swapped them out with no problems. hopefully they will chime in .

Here are two photos of the current towing mirrors that I am working on.

Attachments

• Tow mirror_front.jpeg
    Tow mirror_front.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Tow mirror_rear.jpeg
    Tow mirror_rear.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 11
Any success with this mirror swap? I am wanting to do the same. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back