5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror Probs

THFD334

Reaction score
‘19 1500, power folding non lane sensing mirrors. Drivers side is loose. Any idea how to get that bottom panel off and if I do, would I be able to tighten the mirror any? Passenger side is just fine.
*Side note- when I push the switch to “unfold” the mirrors, the drivers side acts like it wants to keep going for a few seconds. (Seems like minutes)
1C914953-0219-4C6D-B695-5B282D9F35D5.jpeg

dreinert

Reaction score
Any luck?

I just had my 2019 limited w/standard power folding mirrors break today. It Folds in as expected but when extending for normal use the motor runs for longer than it should and clicks 3 times before stopping and the mirror then isnt secured in place.

Freeblazin

Reaction score
Mine is experiencing the same symptoms. Haven't really used the power fold much until starting a few weeks ago when I installed the Tazer DT. Thought it was a Tazer problem until seeing this post. Only happens to drivers side mirror.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's usually the gears inside being stripped out. I try not to use my folding mirrors unless I have to. Tried the autofold feature with the TazerDT for a little bit, but didn't lik it, so turned it back off.

THFD334

Reaction score
It's usually the gears inside being stripped out. I try not to use my folding mirrors unless I have to. Tried the autofold feature with the TazerDT for a little bit, but didn't like it, so turned it back off.
Silly question here but... If I manually fold the mirrors in will it hurt anything? (They are power fold mirrors as stated above)

Users who are viewing this thread