5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror defrost / heaters

Bradleys

Reaction score
Got into my Laramie this morning and the truck had sat out so the windows and mirrors were fogged / icy.

I hit the front defrost and the mirrors never did clear up between my house and work. I find it hard to believe there is a separate switch for the mirrors - but I looked and never saw one.

Am I out of my mind? Do I simply not know how to turn on the mirror defrosters? Should the icon light up when they are working?

help a brother out! lol

airgas1998

Reaction score
Got into my Laramie this morning and the truck had sat out so the windows and mirrors were fogged / icy.

I hit the front defrost and the mirrors never did clear up between my house and work. I find it hard to believe there is a separate switch for the mirrors - but I looked and never saw one.

Am I out of my mind? Do I simply not know how to turn on the mirror defrosters? Should the icon light up when they are working?

help a brother out! lol
trust me it's like luxy said, it's the rear defrost that will put them in action. look for the matching icons...

Bradleys

Reaction score
Lol - well, mark one in the book for me being an idiot!

thanks guys...

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would think that they should be connected to the front but that is just the window..... Silly is as silly does!

Andyturner22

Reaction score
Anyone have one mirror defog much quicker than the other? My passenger mirror clears up quick, other takes 10 minutes.

rudyyoko

Reaction score
Lol - well, mark one in the book for me being an idiot!

thanks guys...
Dont feel bad, on occasion I have forgotten to hit the other switch as well and wondered why my mirrors arent defrosting.

Users who are viewing this thread