5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini burn out

sergetexan

Reaction score
Finally made a pedal to floor run today. Was anticipating some significant wheel spin with the 3.92 gearing. Was mildly disappointed as my old 2003 with 4.7 would turn the wheels over pretty easily. Understand not a race car, but with 200 more HP and 100 more torque than old ram I was expecting more. Not complaining as it is very quick on normal acceleration and it moves in and out of traffic like a dream. Perhaps the software for throttle engagement is culprit. Curious what others are experiencing when mashing the pedal?

KcRay

Reaction score
The other day I turned off the traction control, locked it in 2nd gear and spun and kind of drifted around a large traffic circle, well not the whole circle lol. Very impressed by the handling and tire spin.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
You need to turn off traction control (and it will kick itself back on too as your burning rubber) and as Kc says leave it in second (on the steering wheel).

I put it in 4 high one day after it rained and hammered it. Got all four to spin for a couple of lengths :)

Users who are viewing this thread