5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Service Thread

shaun freddy

Reaction score
Timing is everything. I was a recruiter from 97 to 2000. 1999 was the only year the Air Force has ever missed its recruiting snaptube vidmate goal. It was absolutely brutal. In later years the situation you describe is entirely accurate. Those guys would work a couple days a week and then hit the golf course. I wasn't so lucky LOL. Also location is critical as a recruiter. My first year and a half I was stationed in Minneapolis which is a very tough recruiting environment for the military. The next two years I was in South Florida and it was a much better.
it's hard and responsible ! thank you for your service 🙏

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Timing is everything. I was a recruiter from 97 to 2000. 1999 was the only year the Air Force has ever missed its recruiting goal. It was absolutely brutal. In later years the situation you describe is entirely accurate. Those guys would work a couple days a week and then hit the golf course. I wasn't so lucky LOL. Also location is critical as a recruiter. My first year and a half I was stationed in Minneapolis which is a very tough recruiting environment for the military. The next two years I was in South Florida and it was a much better.
I recruited in Omaha/Council Bluffs, but our district headquarters was in Minneapolis. Surprisingly, the Navy actually does really good in that area. Lots of nuclear field and SpecWar candidates

Klink

Reaction score
I recruited in Omaha/Council Bluffs, but our district headquarters was in Minneapolis. Surprisingly, the Navy actually does really good in that area. Lots of nuclear field and SpecWar candidates
I worked as a DOD civilian at USSTRATCOM on Offutt Air Force Base from 2012 to 2015. I think recruiters generally did pretty well there in Omaha, Bellevue and Council Bluffs area.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I worked as a DOD civilian at USSTRATCOM on Offutt Air Force Base from 2012 to 2015. I think recruiters generally did pretty well there in Omaha, Bellevue and Council Bluffs area.
I worked on the new Stratfom building doing the network cabling as a contractor after I retired.

Klink

Reaction score
I worked on the new Stratfom building doing the network cabling as a contractor after I retired.
Small world. I also worked on the new stratcom building I was in charge of counterintelligence for the security division. We worked out of those trailers that were parked at the top of the hill from the building.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Small world. I also worked on the new stratcom building I was in charge of counterintelligence for the security division. We worked out of those trailers that were parked at the top of the hill from the building.
I work with a guy that was a CST, then switched to helping us with the cabling install. We now both work for a local company doing commercial installs.

I had to visit the trailers one day because I forgot to take my smart watch off

Klink

Reaction score
I work with a guy that was a CST, then switched to helping us with the cabling install. We now both work for a local company doing commercial installs.

Oh yeah those electronic devices will trip you up every time, lol. I was probably the guy you spoke to, or one of my team members.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Oh yeah those electronic devices will trip you up every time, lol. I was probably the guy you spoke to, or one of my team members.

You guys talk during body cavity searches?

:LOL:

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
US Army, 1996-Present
Ft. Sill, OK
Ft. Jackson, SC
Ft. Buchanan, PR
Ft. Meade, MD
March AFB, CA
NAS JRB New Orleans, LA
NAVSTA Great Lakes, IL
Ft. Sam Houston, TX

I finally retire in June. I’m currently enjoying my terminal leave.

A big thank you to all of our brothers and sisters that served and to those who are planning to serve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread