5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mileage change

Dbat3

Reaction score
Does anybody know if using the alphaobd will let you change the mileage and run time?
My screen on my cluster went out and I bought a used cluster and need to change the mileage

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody know if using the alphaobd will let you change the mileage and run time?
My screen on my cluster went out and I bought a used cluster and need to change the mileage
Ummm is your truck not under warranty??? That's not something you can do yourself. In fact... Changing a odometer readout is illegal if not done my a Manufacturer.

Dbat3

Reaction score
No my truck is almost to 50k miles. The dealership wants to keep the truck for 2 weeks to change out the cluster. Once they order the part the truck can’t move

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If i remember correct, the mileage is not store in the cluster, the new cluster will pull all the data from your car.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No my truck is almost to 50k miles. The dealership wants to keep the truck for 2 weeks to change out the cluster. Once they order the part the truck can’t move
Your truck is still under the 5/60 power train warranty. Not that that has anything to do with it being legal or not.

Dbat3

Reaction score
The mileage and runtime is stored into the cluster. Everything else is not. I’m not trying to be illegal that’s why I would like to change the mileage on the newer one

Georgf

Reaction score
I have seen this service on ebay. Search “Ram 2019 mileage programming“. Don’t know is it illegal or not, but sold on ebay ).

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just did some checking for 2019/2020 models...it is possible, BUT...in order for it to stay at the mileage you select...you'll have to wipe the ECU and PCM....goodbye warranty, and hello to a possible federal investigation if anyone finds out. However, if you just hook up the new module cluster ..the ECU should automatically send the correct data to the module. This is per 2020 2500 Ram owners on different forum.

Users who are viewing this thread