5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midnight Beastie

BigD

Reaction score
❤ my black truck but they suck to keep clean. I pay $25/mo for unlimited washes. I usually go 2 times a wk. I never hand wash or wax. The truck looks great in the shade & at night. Not so great in direct sunlight. Probably never buy black again even though it's my favorite color. Good luck keeping her clean. It is a beautiful truck though.

kissmysta

Reaction score
❤ my black truck but they suck to keep clean. I pay $25/mo for unlimited washes. I usually go 2 times a wk. I never hand wash or wax. The truck looks great in the shade & at night. Not so great in direct sunlight. Probably never buy black again even though it's my favorite color. Good luck keeping her clean. It is a beautiful truck though.
I've had 4 black cars, keeping them clean is an absolute nightmare, but I don't think I would like any other color! As long as it isn't a crazy rainy week, I wash my car at least once a week, twice if it gets dirty! Definitely prepared for that

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... never buy black again ...
Only owned one black vehicle, 1959 Ford Galaxy convertible, looked great the 5% of the time it was clean, but life's too short to keep washing/drying/waxing, I vowed then (1966) never another black one 🤨

Congratulations on your new truck!

Dave

Burnzie

Reaction score
I've had a black Durango (2011), black wheelers,and black snowmobiles: hated trying to keep them clean, but the wife loves a black vehicle, so that's what she got. I would take pink or even baby crap blue over black any day of the week .
Like everybody has said have fun keeping it clean. Unless you can detail it and put it in a hermetically sealed bubble and then stare at it.

kissmysta

Reaction score
I've had a black Durango (2011), black wheelers,and black snowmobiles: hated trying to keep them clean, but the wife loves a black vehicle, so that's what she got. I would take pink or even baby crap blue over black any day of the week .
Like everybody has said have fun keeping it clean. Unless you can detail it and put it in a hermetically sealed bubble and then stare at it.
Keeping her in a bubble is definitely an idea if I had a WFH job! But I love detailing my cars, so I don't have many qualms about doing it, just that I'm 5'1” and this truck is bigger than anything I've had before 🤣 I'll need to invest in a good ladder

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Black is beautiful! Once you have black...................
I too go to the car wash 2 times a week and don't mind at all.
Great looking truck, don't listen to the haters. :)

kissmysta

Reaction score
Black is beautiful! Once you have black...................
I too go to the car wash 2 times a week and don't mind at all.
Great looking truck, don't listen to the haters. :)
Everyone in my neighborhood has been messaging me on fb or stopping me when I'm driving by to tell me how sexy she is! 🥰 And I can't wait to get the front windows tinted, really make her look mean!
😂😂 I definitely will need one of these!

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... I can't wait to get the front windows tinted, really make her look mean!
Absolutely! Will tie it all together. I negotiated that tint from my selling dealer as the final "just tint those front windows and you've got a deal"

A "Day Zero" modification, even before the "Day One" and "Day Two" mods :cool:

Dave

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably never buy black again even though it's my favorite color. Good luck keeping her clean. It is a beautiful truck though.
I said the same thing once. But I've had 2 black trucks, and wouldn't write off doing it again. I'll buy other colors first, but black trucks look amazing when they're clean so I may own another some day.

OP, one thing you can buy to save yourself a few washes is a California Duster. ↓↓↓
1653833857594.png
They're available all over the place, but here's a link to Jegs → Cal. Duster $15

You don't want to use it to replace cleaning dirt, but if it's clean when you park it, then later go to drive it and it's covered in pollen or dust, you can go over it with this and it'll be shiny/clean again. No scratches or damage. I've been using one for years. Got my 1st one for my dark green Steeda Mustang, and have used them on all of my trucks, including the two black ones. It's a must have IMHO. Of course having had 4 black cars before it you may already have one, and/or have found your own tricks to keeping them clean.

Another recommendation is a tire step similar to this, since you mention being 5'1". ↓↓↓
1653834237067.png
Just make sure you get one that is wide enough that it contacts your tire not your rim. Not an item I need so I don't know a particular brand to recommend, but I know a few vertically challenged people who use them. They're light weight, easy to store, and make it so you can wash your hood and windshield.

kissmysta

Reaction score
I said the same thing once. But I've had 2 black trucks, and wouldn't write off doing it again. I'll buy other colors first, but black trucks look amazing when they're clean so I may own another some day.

OP, one thing you can buy to save yourself a few washes is a California Duster. ↓↓↓
View attachment 130766
They're available all over the place, but here's a link to Jegs → Cal. Duster $15

You don't want to use it to replace cleaning dirt, but if it's clean when you park it, then later go to drive it and it's covered in pollen or dust, you can go over it with this and it'll be shiny/clean again. No scratches or damage. I've been using one for years. Got my 1st one for my dark green Steeda Mustang, and have used them on all of my trucks, including the two black ones. It's a must have IMHO. Of course having had 4 black cars before it you may already have one, and/or have found your own tricks to keeping them clean.

Another recommendation is a tire step similar to this, since you mention being 5'1". ↓↓↓
View attachment 130767
Just make sure you get one that is wide enough that it contacts your tire not your rim. Not an item I need so I don't know a particular brand to recommend, but I know a few vertically challenged people who use them. They're light weight, easy to store, and make it so you can wash your hood and windshield.
I definitely am super interested in the tire step! I'll do some research and see what I find

kissmysta

Reaction score
Absolutely! Will tie it all together. I negotiated that tint from my selling dealer as the final "just tint those front windows and you've got a deal"

A "Day Zero" modification, even before the "Day One" and "Day Two" mods :cool:

Dave
The dealership charged me $499 for tints, and I was like they're not even done! So I told them I'm not happy with being charged for tints that aren't up to my standards. I put 20% on all of my cars, the back looks like 40%. They said that I can bring the truck back to get them done. So this week I'll get over there and have them do it

Users who are viewing this thread