5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle front speaker swap review

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the " 3rd " infinity from a member here by splitting cost on a set..been waiting on the bench for 2 weeks. Finally threw it in today...WOW, didn't think it would make much difference, but it sure did! . If you've done the 2 outers....make sure you do the center. Marine Corps approved!

ddharris

Reaction score
Got the " 3rd " infinity from a member here by splitting cost on a set..been waiting on the bench for 2 weeks. Finally threw it in today...WOW, didn't think it would make much difference, but it sure did! . If you've done the 2 outers....make sure you do the center. Marine Corps approved!
Is overall clarity the difference? I am happy with the alpine( chrysler speakers) so far. It can be a bit “ wooden” at times but not bad overall.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is overall clarity the difference? I am happy with the alpine( chrysler speakers) so far. It can be a bit “ wooden” at times but not bad overall.

I went with the Kickers and have only done the sides so far. Just bought the third off a member here.

As far as my input is concerned then yes - that's been the biggest difference. I haven't lost any bass or volume only gained clearer vocals and I guess mids? I've heard some things I've not noticed hearing before.

For under $100 for the whole three piece set up when my third arrives I don't think you can ask for more. It would be sub $75 if I didn't buy the pry tools from Crutchfield.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes..lots more mid range clarity..highs are better too. Just seemed to all "come together" with the 3rd front upgrade. Mind you, I am not pretending the whole entire system is "amazing" by switching the front 3...but it is now right where I am satisfied when I crank it. Personally, I am not so picky that I need to have the best of the best of a system. I was happy with the Alpine completely stock to be honest, but for around $100-$125, I am REALLY satisfied now! :)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have to agree that it sounds much better than with the stock speakers. But I can't say how much of a difference the center speaker made since I changed all three at the same time. But it's definitely worth doing if you have the Alpine system.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to agree that it sounds much better than with the stock speakers. But I can't say how much of a difference the center speaker made since I changed all three at the same time. But it's definitely worth doing if you have the Alpine system.
Thanks again Mike..

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swapped all 3 at the same time
Couldn’t get kickers or infinity in stock anywhere affordable (I’m in Canada)
Went with jbl club 3020
Was worried that maybe I should have waited for
Difference is amazing,.... I mostly listen to podcasts and mlb talk radio, but still do music from time to time, and everything was so much clearer...

I was also changing them while listening to talk radio, and you could hear the difference on the fly

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what speakers did you install. part #s. You are talking about the dash speakers correct?

Alot of people went with these from Crutchfield

If you go to Crutchfield and put your make/model in it'll tell you what brand of speaker fits where. Get the Metra adapters and it's plug and play. Crutchfield also sends installation instructions for all speakers in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread