5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle dash speaker

Hockeydad

Reaction score
So those of you that replaced your middle dash speaker. Did you happen to do your corner ones first and if so did you notice a difference after installing the middle one?

reggiejp3

Reaction score
I did the 2 corners first. Made big difference. A couple months later I did the center and didn't notice as drastic of a difference. I'd say mabye leave the center as the stock speaker has a different (more mid than highs sound) than the kicker. JMO

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the HK system and did the corners with the Infinity's first. Then I split a pack with @Neurobit and replaced the center. I use the surround mode and I think it almost made more of a difference than the corners! Very happy with it now.

I believe the difference depends on what system you've got and if you use surround mode. Many here turn it off and I'm not sure what, if anything, then gets played through the center speaker.

R

Rob5589

I did all 3 as it seemed odd to only do the corners. I listened to it with only one new speaker and it was noticeable. IMO, the center would sound "dead" if left alone. As always, ymmv.

Damion

Reaction score
I only did the corners. Big difference.

I also dont use surround as i as I find it sounds weird

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I did all 3 as it seemed odd to only do the corners. I listened to it with only one new speaker and it was noticeable. IMO, the center would sound "dead" if left alone. As always, ymmv.
Did you happen to notice if the center speaker was higher ohms some have said it is a 3.5 ohms unlike the corners at 2-2.3 ohms

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m just jealous wish I could get one. How many horsies did it add? And keep the second for a spare.
Oh I probably came off as an ***, my bad... It added about 115 to the wheels. I plan on getting it tuned locally as I think this conservative procharger tune isn’t really tapping into the full potential.

smankins

Reaction score
I did all three speakers at the same time and thought there was a noticeable difference but not wow. As time went on I thought they sounded pretty bad but then I started tweaking the equalizer and turned down the mid and high frequencies a lot and now they sound much better.

R

Rob5589

Are ya'll talking about 3 dash speakers? Did you have the Alpine speakers originally? How difficult is the changeout?

Yes, Alpine system. Extremely easy to swap them out. Maybe 10 mins per speaker but, that was removing the original harness and soldering it to the new speaker.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I did all three speakers at the same time and thought there was a noticeable difference but not wow. As time went on I thought they sounded pretty bad but then I started tweaking the equalizer and turned down the mid and high frequencies a lot and now they sound much better.
Now do your back doors and you will be able to turn those highs back up and turn the fader back to even

smankins

Reaction score
Now do your back doors and you will be able to turn those highs back up and turn the fader back to even
I do have my fader two "clicks" to the rear. Changing out the back door speakers didn't do weird things with the ANC system? Did you have to turn down the mids and highs before doing the back door speakers? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread