5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle Bumper Step with MF Tailgate

Ondaora20

Reaction score
So I picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited that came equipped with the MFT, BUG, and RamBoxes. But no step. Dealer told me there was a problem with the step, and I would be notified when it became available.

The forum here comes out with an article about the new step being available; I contact the dealer, and I’m told I have to pay for it. I contact RAM Cares, and They say I have to pay for it.

I’ve been snooping, and they’re priced from $350 and up. Anyone here found better pricing? I’m a little ticked, at what I paid for this thing, I would think the step was included.

Thanks in advance.

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
So I picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited that came equipped with the MFT, BUG, and RamBoxes. But no step. Dealer told me there was a problem with the step, and I would be notified when it became available.

The forum here comes out with an article about the new step being available; I contact the dealer, and I’m told I have to pay for it. I contact RAM Cares, and They say I have to pay for it.

I’ve been snooping, and they’re priced from $350 and up. Anyone here found better pricing? I’m a little ticked, at what I paid for this thing, I would think the step was included.

Thanks in advance.
What's the new step? Not even sure which is the new one vs old one. I have the one on the tailgate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bassinb

Reaction score
Weird.. Centered bumper step was included in mine. Same build MFT, BUG, Ramboxes etc.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the "old step" is the one that mounts to the left rear corner, used for regular style tail gate...the "new step" is mounted under the center of the rear bumper because if you open the MFT like a barn door, you would not be able to access the old step.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
82216265AB - is the part number. If you google search it - you'll probably find them OUT OF STOCK.

The re-stocked dropped on Sept 1st - and got gobbled up pretty fast it seems.

I paid $319 for mine - they're $395 MSRP.

Sadly - we kind got screwed on this one. BUG (Bed Utility Group) stickered at $445 - which in most cases only included the bed rails and bed lights (which pretty much MSRP to $370).

Since even the normal (corner) bed step is considered an "accessory" and is priced similarly - I can't see the $445 BUG on the window sticker - also including the step - YMMV.

Some members got the dealers to eat these - some didn't. The build portion of the order site is somewhat ambiguous as to what the "Bed Utility Group" includes.

For us "short folk" (wee people - LOL) - the step is a good thing. Between that and the hitch mounted weathertech wide step (idiot defender) - I can get my fat butt into the bed with ease.

Rick

IMG_6595.jpg
IMG_6594.jpg

BNeal

Reaction score
It came factory installed on my '21 Limited. I just assumed it was part of the BUG or the MFT package.

Ondaora20

Reaction score
My BUG was $545.00. and it just shows 4-Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks. THere's no question I feel I was mis-led and ripped off. There's no question in my mind that this pedal should have been included with the vehicle.

RSConsulting..where did you purchase yours for $319.00?

Bassinb

Reaction score
It appears that the '21 BUG includes the step - which means the rest of us got ripped off.

Somehow - nor surprised...

Rick

My '20, build date 8/3/20, purchased 8/20/20 with BUG and MFT included the center step. I looked at 3 on the lot that all had the step already installed.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
My BUG was $545.00. and it just shows 4-Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks. THere's no question I feel I was mis-led and ripped off. There's no question in my mind that this pedal should have been included with the vehicle.

RSConsulting..where did you purchase yours for $319.00?

Athens (GA) Dodge.

Rick

Ondaora20

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. My truck was built in May, shortly after the factory resumed production, and was delivered in mid -June. Again, I’m not sure why I didn’t receive the step. But I’ll get it installed.

I have found the MF Tailgate to be extremely useful, and there’s no doubt this step will prove to be just as useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online