5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid level LEDs - time to modify them!

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Are you talking about the led headlights? Interesting... the supernova led replacement bulbs I put into my halogen assemblies are currently blinding people lol. Doubt it works but maybe you can upgrade the led bulbs?
Not the bulbs themselves, just the LED tube light accents around the lights. They're incredibly dim compared to almost every other model vehicle they have made with LED accents. I traded in my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit for my 2019 ram, and the LED's on that were insanely bright at all times. I understand they were meant to be made DRL's, so they had to be bright. On the 2019's, they only made them as accent lights instead of DRL's. I'm assuming that's the reason for the dim settings.

Regardless, most new Ram owners want them to be brighter and more noticeable. I've been impatiently waiting for a board upgrade to become available, or something along that line. I was happy to hear above that it's finally all in the works!

dsn112

Reaction score
Are you talking about the led headlights? Interesting... the supernova led replacement bulbs I put into my halogen assemblies are currently blinding people lol. Doubt it works but maybe you can upgrade the led bulbs?

The Led housings don't work like that. No bulbs to upgrade.

To your other problem, do you have the bulb in right? Are the leds facing to the left and right? You want the bulb in vertically so the light shines out of the sides.

blownout1500

Reaction score
The Led housings don't work like that. No bulbs to upgrade.

To your other problem, do you have the bulb in right? Are the leds facing to the left and right? You want the bulb in vertically so the light shines out of the sides.
Affirmative, they’re in vertically just need to aim them down.

Diamond Black Hemi

Reaction score
I was referring to the led strips along the top and bottom on the headlights that are on as a drl.

kaanman36

Reaction score
Not the bulbs themselves, just the LED tube light accents around the lights. They're incredibly dim compared to almost every other model vehicle they have made with LED accents. I traded in my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit for my 2019 ram, and the LED's on that were insanely bright at all times. I understand they were meant to be made DRL's, so they had to be bright. On the 2019's, they only made them as accent lights instead of DRL's. I'm assuming that's the reason for the dim settings.

Regardless, most new Ram owners want them to be brighter and more noticeable. I've been impatiently waiting for a board upgrade to become available, or something along that line. I was happy to hear above that it's finally all in the works!

I am also wanting to get those LED accent strips brighter. On my truck, they are so incredibly dim that you can't even tell that they are on during daylight hours.

Users who are viewing this thread