5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mice. G****mn mice.

spyder

Reaction score
...and going to be doing the bucket trap for the garage and by the chicken coop. Been meaning to do that for months, this will finally get me motivated to do it.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another vote against poison. I live in the woods so besides pets many things would eat the dead mice and suffer also.

Traps and all produce visible results but there are more. Eliminate the reason they come. Food. Has to go. Park in a different spot for a bit. Try to figure where they are coming from to start with.

Living in the woods, they are everywhere in the leaf loam for me. The guy next door had to be cool and get chickens. Now the population has increased with the extra corn and waste from them. He has the cool compost breeding the hell out of them too.

beetlespin

Reaction score
Rarely see a mouse here in North Carolina. I have seen some snakes though.

spyder

Reaction score
I caught two the very first night. Haven't caught one since.

While cleaning it out, I found what I think was a bag of trail mix that the girlfriend had put in a ziploc bag and left in the center console. There was no bag left, but a large handful of nuts and raisins and m&ms...

Back seat I found a roll of mountain gold that had been chewed up, so there was definitely nesting starting to happen, but hopefully those two I killed were the only two in it. Food is cleaned out and I don't see any other problems, and no error lights or warnings in a 600 mile road trip yesterday.

I live very rural, 15 miles down a dirt road that sometimes needs 4x4. Critters are a part of everyday life. But I don't want them eating my wiring!

Swicago

Reaction score
Fresh Cab is great against mice and smells nice. If you don't mind pepermint, buy pure peppermint oil and bless the inside of the truck. We have lots of field mice and had a motorhome parked outside for 8yrs, never once had anything inside chewed through.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fresh Cab is great against mice and smells nice. If you don't mind pepermint, buy pure peppermint oil and bless the inside of the truck. We have lots of field mice and had a motorhome parked outside for 8yrs, never once had anything inside chewed through.
I've never had luck with scented stuff, mothballs or bitterants. Heck I had stuff I had put mint oil on as well as bitter apple eaten only where it was applied. I put wasabi mixed from powder out and they ate that too.

Traps > poison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scented stuff>>>>>>sound/sonic things.

the only thing that has worked for me consistently is peanut butter on "log roll bucket" and peanut butter on dog kibble in middle of sticky trap.

Exclusion materials ( Xcluder® Rodent Control Fill Fabric - Large DIY Kit ) around any openings and attic vents and no more mice issues for me.

Users who are viewing this thread