5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MGP Caliper Cover Question

Marky Mark

Reaction score
On MGP site, It ask to check rear calipers on one of the options. I see the difference shown...Just curious as to what the difference means.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191122-180707_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191122-180707_Samsung Internet.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 209

Rplante3108

Reaction score
You see the notch in the bracket on the left side? That's the difference. I was looking at some too but was going to pass. Waiting for possible big brake kit if they come out with one

Marky Mark

Reaction score
You see the notch in the bracket on the left side? That's the difference. I was looking at some too but was going to pass. Waiting for possible big brake kit if they come out with one
Thanks brother. I was just wondering why the difference between the brake calipers. Or just a mid-production design change. And yes would be awesome on a big brake kit!

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Thanks brother. I was just wondering why the difference between the brake calipers. Or just a mid-production design change. And yes would be awesome on a big brake kit!
Gotcha, yeah I am not sure to be honest. When I saw the difference, I kind of gave up Haha

dsn112

Reaction score
I think these fake caliper covers are the worst thing anyone can do to their vehicle.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I think these fake caliper covers are the worst thing anyone can do to their vehicle.
They are not fake. They are real "caliper covers" and do prevent brake dust. These are not imitating "big brake kits" as some say, as these are "covers". Been running them since 2011 on my rides. And no they do not make brakes heat up etc. as some say. :D

I do get mine with no logo, and no bolt holes. Just clean surface.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I’m very happy with the performance of the factory brakes and see no reason to upgrade to a big brake kit. I just wanted them to look better. These covers are better quality than you think.

4244ad072fb0c38425b956d5216dfff0.jpg

DSmith1178

Reaction score
Just my experience with them. I had them on my 2016 Silverado. They looked good behind my 22” wheels. After awhile the powdercoat started flaking and the hardware they use rusts easily. When I had to do a brake job about a year later a couple rusted nuts would spin the pressed in stud and I had a tough time getting them off. I contacted mgp and sent pics of the powdercoat flaking off and the rusted hardware and requested replacement since they were still under warranty. They sent me a cheap stud replacement kit that didnt fit the size of the holes on the mount. They refused to stand behind the powdercoat. I had to modify them on my own with my own hardware to get them back on after my brake job. I just traded the chevy in and bought the Ram. I would not buy anything from MGP again. They look good but they dont honor the warranty and in my opinion arent worth the money I paid. They arent cheap either. I bought them in 2016, maybe their quality has improved since then. Hope that helps anybody who is on fence with them.
Dave

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I was looking at those wheels for my Granite Chrystal rebel. How do you like them and what size/offset did you get?

I love these wheels. Exactly the look I wanted. These are 22x10 +13 offset. I was concerned +13 would stick out too much but they’re perfect for me.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
They look great. Did they just snap on? no drilling? Can you provide to stringer to order these? They make your wheels POP! Awesome.

There are two clips that snap onto the caliper and the covers bolt to the clips.

Users who are viewing this thread