5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MFT Tailgate and Gator Cover

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Has anyone actually INSTALLED a Gator Cover?

Picked up my Limited with MFT. I pretty much ALMOST DIDN'T BUY IT - because I need a cover for it.

I'd pick up the Gator Hybrid in the interim - but I know here in S. Florida, the vinyl is going to get weathered pretty quickly.

Guess I'll put in a call to customer service tomorrow.

OTOH - I have a fabricator neighbor (he does all the props for FlexSeal, the screen door boats, etc.) - and see if we can engineer an alternative to the big plastic braces.

Regards to all...

Rick

daberk

Reaction score
I've had a gator cover on my truck for over a year now. No complaints at all. Installation was easy and no water leaks.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I have the Retrax Pro MX. Fit and works perfectly with a tight seal, no water leaks

Ram Boxes are a completely different animal from Non-Ram-Box beds - any cover that will fit a Ram Box bed will fit one with an MFT.

The issue NON-Ram Box MFT owners are having is with the brackets on the front of the bed that prevent the rails from most cover from fitting.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread