5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MFT doors hard close / rubbing metal when shut

daveomatic

Reaction score
So I picked up my 2024 earlier this week and have noticed that the top lip of the tailgate doors rub pretty hard metal on metal whenever I close them. It takes extra effort to close and make a terrible clunking sound. This happened at the dealer when I picked it up but I thought I hadn’t firmly shut the smaller door and that caused the noise. After using it today, realized that was not it. Upon inspection you can see where the paint is rubbing off from the two metal lips hitting each others. Has anyone seen this? I looked for a way to adjust and for any loose bolts, but wasn’t able to see anything obvious.

40% passenger side:
e0aa39c6fd23b635721e0c23483194d8.jpg

60% driver side:
858964fde2586e100969bccd8eb64e22.jpg

Derek916

Reaction score
The dealer has to realign them. I had the same issue, and they fixed it. The kicker was the dealer submitted a warranty request to repaint it so it'll look nice. FCA did not approve...dumped the truck three months later.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
That really sucks Dave. You made me run outside and check mine though. That would take some pretty bad misalignment. Mine miss each other by 3/8 "
Hope the dealer you take it to stands by it !

Jmac509

Reaction score
I second the vote on checking with your dealer but I recall reading another thread where the user said he ultimately had to realign it himself. I agree with being upset over having the paint damaged. I wouldn't be worried about the cosmetic aspect as much as having exposed metal that could start to rust.

The MFT is one of my favorite features on the RAM. I hope it proves to be reliable long term.

daveomatic

Reaction score
That really sucks Dave. You made me run outside and check mine though. That would take some pretty bad misalignment. Mine miss each other by 3/8 "
Hope the dealer you take it to stands by it !

Yea, it was pretty irritating. I took it to one of dealers in my area this morning and they were able to adjust it so it’s good to go now thankfully. I’ll have to get some touch up paint so that I don’t have any rust issues in the future, but overall not a bad outcome. Just lost about 3 hours of my life between travel and waiting at the dealership.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Makes you wonder what else got missed during post construction inspection, and the extensive dealer inspection that they are supposed to do !

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online