5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MFT Bed Step Clarification part# 82216265AB or 82216265AA

Maxx

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this?
I ordered the following from a online Mopar dealer, part # 82216265AB bed step which is the part number listed for my truck when it was delivered the label on box indicated the AB part, in the box was the AA step. The AA part is listed dealers web site as discontinued. I emailed the vendor regarding receiving the wrong part and received this reply:
"So the AA wasn't "discontinued", it supersedes to the AB. Generally, these part number changes are a result of packaging changes or supplier changes for a component. It is done as a way to "timestamp" when it took place. Likely, the bed step has not changed, it could be as simple as the company that supplies the hardware, or who the company is that does the final packaging."
Can anyone clarity that this statement is accurate or has there been a change in the part design?

Attachments

• AED2AE77-1A96-4662-A037-DA2B075D5758.jpeg
    AED2AE77-1A96-4662-A037-DA2B075D5758.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DC36E4CC-8390-445C-B995-9E406EFA3E9F.jpeg
    DC36E4CC-8390-445C-B995-9E406EFA3E9F.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 29

RSConsulting

Reaction score
There is a recall on the original step, possible damage to fuel tank if rear ended

Edit: Just re-read the part number, is this a 2500 you're driving?

That was actually the side step that got recalled.

The AB part suffix indicates the latest revision. Not sure what changes were made.

I got an AB version - it had a bolt hole in the step that didn't exist on the frame. It secured just fine with the 2 bolts there were holes for.

Rick

Maxx

Reaction score
I'm driving 2020 1500 Limited. The step is the bigger step. I asked vendor to replace the AA step w/the AB step and below is the reply I don't know if I agree w/ statement regarding the package label. They also know that the box had been open & resealed.
If the package states AB, that means it is the AB, regardless of what is stamped or stickered on the part. Resending will result in the exact same part being delivered. Again, the changed from AA to AB is generally due to packaging or a supplier change. If there was a change to the part itself, Mopar would have issued a recall or TSB.

Users who are viewing this thread