5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metra wire harness question

Jtc411

Reaction score
So I ordered the kicker 3.5 dash speakers through crutchfield and it came with the metra harness for free. For whatever reason(second set I’ve tried) I can’t seem to get the smaller plug in all the way. Is this normal? Any advice? The bigger one pops on no problem. The small one just bends

Attachments

• E5F7D6B6-AE06-48BD-866F-790FEC598126.jpeg
    E5F7D6B6-AE06-48BD-866F-790FEC598126.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 28

Ickabod

Reaction score
So I ordered the kicker 3.5 dash speakers through crutchfield and it came with the metra harness for free. For whatever reason(second set I’ve tried) I can’t seem to get the smaller plug in all the way. Is this normal? Any advice? The bigger one pops on no problem. The small one just bends
I had the same issue. I just kept wiggling it side to side to widen it a bit to get it on. Definitely took some finesse.

Jtc411

Reaction score
The more wiggling I do it seems to bend. Sigh

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The more wiggling I do it seems to bend. Sigh
You have to use a small blade screwdriver to expand the connector a bit. Dont worry if you make it a little too big because you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze it tight again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online