5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallic noise under the truck (RAM REBEL 1500 - HEMI 5.7L) 2021

Dexxa8

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, I have just become the proud owner of a 2021 REBEL (HEMI 5.7L V8 - 8 speed)

All excuse me for English, I use Google translate.

So here is the problem, I have a noise that goes off when I accelerate, but only when the car is moving.
When stationary on P it makes no abnormal noise.
I've tried lifting the car onto a maintenance lift and accelerating to find the noise, but it doesn't make any noise until the wheels are off the ground.
I put you a short video taken with the GoPro under the car (at night) placed next to the transfer box, we hear very well the metallic noise when accelerating.

The vehicle currently has 14,389 km, and because of the metallic noise as a precaution, I have drained the entire vehicle, despite this the noise continues.

Engine oil change : OK
Transfer case change : OK
Gearbox oil change : OK
Front and rear axle change : OK

Unfortunately, I currently live in a country where there is no dodge dealership.
So, there you go, I'm currently out of ideas and this noise is making me really worried and I don't know where to look or what to do to find the cause of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bullcycles

Reaction score
dealing with a similar issue.. what RPM does it happen at? And is it consistent?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Night video gives no clue to correlate sound and movement, and GoPro microphone may not reproduce well what you are hearing. I think maybe I hear some tire tread noise, but the rest is hard to identify.

Mileage is reasonably low, but do we know how it was previously driven? Was it abused?

Can you get a daytime video with start and stop?

Why close to the transfer case? Do you suspect it?

Dexxa8

Reaction score
dealing with a similar issue.. what RPM does it happen at? And is it consistent?

Hello and thank you for your answer, I can't quite understand the noise on the video, but I don't think it sounds the same.

In general, the noise appears when the RPM is low 1500 / 2500 rpm, but it is at the throttle recovery and sometimes at deceleration.

Dexxa8

Reaction score
Night video gives no clue to correlate sound and movement, and GoPro microphone may not reproduce well what you are hearing. I think maybe I hear some tire tread noise, but the rest is hard to identify.

Mileage is reasonably low, but do we know how it was previously driven? Was it abused?

Can you get a daytime video with start and stop?

Why close to the transfer case? Do you suspect it?
Hello, no, he was not badly treated, he was always driven in a reasonable way, without madness.

I would take another days video with starting and stopping.

Yes, I suspect the transfer box and gearbox because when stopping no noise from the engine side, but it is also the only place where I could correctly attach the gopro.

Here is a video of a transfer noise this afternoon, but I don't know if this noise is normal...

That's why I preferred to put it near the transfer box.

Here is another video found on YouTube the problem looks quite similar

Users who are viewing this thread