5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metalcloak Rear Control Adjustable Arms

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score

These bad boys just came onto the market from a reputable company more heavily known in the Jeep world, MetalCloak. Does anyone have any experience with these yet? Price point is attractive as well as the zinc coating for durability. They can be easily painted for customization too. The Duroflex joints look robust and are rebuild able. Might have to give these a shot for my next upgrade.

Just curious on some other thoughts as well!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
metalcloak is our go-to recommendation for jeep upgrades at our shop, if the customer doesn't want to spend money for race shocks like king or fox.
our rear axles are quite similar, if not the same, as JT rears, so I'd say go for it and you won't be disappointed!

Jedi9

Reaction score
They are popular, I wonder why there is no flat to put a wrench on the tube side, or on the threaded end. Seems like you would be tightening the locknut against the duraflex bushing. I like to set the length and then torque it down on a bench or vise

Users who are viewing this thread