5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal pedal kits?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good metal pedal kit that is drop in to this generation of Ram (2019)?

Mopar 82212138 fits the last gen, does anyone know if the pedals are still the same?

KRField

Reaction score
I think the Mopar truck had them. However, we all know how well the accessories have become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes good luck as when I mention this to the parts department, I git the deer caught in the headlights look. Was told nothing is in the works that shows on their screen.

Scjon03

Reaction score
I have a set of "metal" pedals from a 2019 Dodge Charger that I want to try out. Prob tomorrow. Ill let ya know

hemirob

Reaction score
The 8-18 ram pedals will work with modification, the brake pedal fits fine, the gas pedal needs to trimmed off the the top but leave notches in the top and side where you trim to use them to wrap around the backside of pedal to hold it tight against the pedal. Picked mine up off of Ebay for $25
20200402_141446.jpg

DHOLMQ

Reaction score
Hemirob, do you know how much to trim off? What tool did you use to trim it? Any pics? I have the same mopar 2018 set you refer to. I’m not the most handy person but want to try. Thanks for your help.

hemirob

Reaction score
It wasn't much maybe 1/2", I mounted the cover on the pedal starting at the bottom edge then used a marker to mark the top of the pedal, then I cut off the excess off the top and left a little a tang on the top to bend over the back side of the pedal to hold it in place. I used a grinder with a cutoff wheel but, a dremel or hacksaw would work too, its thin metal. Good luck!

Last edited:

DHOLMQ

Reaction score
the new 2021 TRX has nice looking metal pedal covers. I wonder if these will work for all 5th gens And when we can order them.

Users who are viewing this thread